Home Gym

Options
Just wondering if anyone else here uses a home set up ?

I've made some things myself but always looking for new ideas and excercises :)

Replies

• slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I have a home gym! I used to be super creative about my workouts at home. Over time I've finally accumulated everything I need (except a squat rack) so I'm pretty standard at this point. What interesting things do you do?
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I started as a Kung Fu guy, so: weapons, jump rope and a chin up bar were what I had for years.

I got interested in kettlebells as an adjunct to my MA training, so added a few.

Got some adjustable dumbbells further along the line.

Finally got myself a rack, plates bar and bench.

Couple of years back expanded my kb collection and added some farmers bars.

Accumulated a lot of stuff over the years!

Things I'm probably looking to add in the next year:

1) decent weighted vest (something like a MIR or an xvest)

2) landmine attachment for my rack

• StereophoneyGaz
    StereophoneyGaz Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I've got a smaller version of a squat rack that suits me well, I also built myself a calf raise step and a bar anchor for the floor which gives a few variations
  • StereophoneyGaz
    Options
    The floor anchor is pretty much the same as a landmine, excellent exercises to be had there :)
  • Th3Wall
    Th3Wall Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've got my whole gym at home... Nautilus machine, bench, free weights, recumbent bike. No waiting for machines, no wiping down stations from previous users, just the TV... yeah I'm a hermit.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I've got a set up;
    5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 35, 40# dumbbells, 1 10# kettlebell
    bar, plates that add up to 260# (I have tinsy fractionals as well lol), bench, power rack
    pull up assistance bands, pull up bar
    resistance bands
    yoga mat, yoga block, DVDs
    exercise mat
    bosu ball, stability ball, airex pad, half foam
    foam roller, stick roller, lacrosse ball
    bike trainer (which lives in my living room)
  • rawstrongchick
    rawstrongchick Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've got a home gym. I've literally just got the things that I need, a couple of barbell sets, a power cage and a bench. It really doesn't look much but I can glute bridge and deadlift from the floor, I can hip thrust with the bench, squat and OHP using the power cage, and I can use the bench and power cage together to bench press. What more could a gal possibly want? I have got a few resistance bands and the like floating around, but it's the big stuff I use.

I think you need to look at what space you have, what realistically you'd like to do with it and how much money you have. Because I don't have gym membership and we had an empty outbuilding it wasn't difficult to see that money was better spent on equipment to work out at home than fuel (we don't live close to a gym) and gym membership. If you don't have much space, would be opting for a gym membership anyway and just want accessory work for home, or you require masses of seriously expensive kit then I guess it's a different decision!
  • dltruesell1971
    dltruesell1971 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Marcy total gym , nordi track apex4100 treadmill , exercise bike, empower c3 fusion workout with fit disc coffee and good music
  • StereophoneyGaz
    Options
    Some good ideas there, cheers
  • scooterhaz
    scooterhaz Posts: 32 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    yes , try The XVEST. I was on MFP way back & now i own The XVEST. Go to www.xvestusa.com and email me for a discount code.
    Friend me too here , trying to lose wait & get off medications for diabetes.....
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I currently have a standard weight bench and ~300lb in plates. I also have a handful of dumbbells. I have a bike trainer that I put my mountain bike on, and a treadmill.

I want to upgrade to a full rack, but I'm not sold on working out in the garage. If I want to put the rack inside, it has to be 7' at most, and all the racks I've found on craigslist so far have been slightly over 7'. I missed out on one that was just under 7' because I hesitated.