tuna

Options
Chewitz
Chewitz Posts: 217 Member
I love tuna with mayo but with mayo it's an extra 210 calories with the serving I use... well I was trying to think of lower calorie things I can put with tuna... I tried vinegar and that was yuck I threw half my lunch in the bin... anyhow I was looking for something like under 100 calories to put with tuna that is actually yummy

thanks

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I like tuna mixed with ranch dressing, and Lighthouse brand makes a Greek Yogurt dressing that is only 60 calories per 2 Tbsp serving, it's really - REALLY - good in tuna.

OPA-Ranch-Greek-Yogurt-Dressing.jpg?1402530187
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 571 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I usually go with lemon juice, salt and pepper and then smushing up a quarter of an avocado with it. It's 80 cals, creamy and full of good fats. I found that avo and lemon juice is actually a great mayo substitute on lots of thing - sandwiches, burgers etc. Lower cals and nutrient dense :)
  • Chewitz
    Options
    Wow thanks for sharing :)
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I eat two cans of albacore white tuna low salt starkest selects everyday and use one table spoon of mayo with olive oil low cal and its 30 calories so for two cans 60 calories. I throw in some dried cranberries or orange slices every once in a while and its so refreshing
  • Chewitz
    Options
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Avocado is good, so it cottage cheese, or light cream cheese. If it is flavoured tuna, light sour cream is a good option.
  • evivahealth
    Options
    Avocado is good, so it cottage cheese, or light cream cheese. If it is flavoured tuna, light sour cream is a good option.

Back on the lactose again love? hahah
  • MaddyT122
    MaddyT122 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    plain greek yogurt with a teaspoon of regular mayo. I do it all the time and it really cuts the calories. I make chicken salad the same way.
  • Chewitz
    Options
    Thanks great ideas :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

'... I can;t stop!! I swear. I WILL have another go at the lactose free thing. Right after I spend this weekend in cheese country haahaaa
  • evivahealth
    Options

'... I can;t stop!! I swear. I WILL have another go at the lactose free thing. Right after I spend this weekend in cheese country haahaaa

Gonna do it then do it right! :)
  • kikichewie
    kikichewie Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I used to put hot sauce, lemon juice, garlic salt and a drop or two of liquid smoke in my tuna, then eat it w trisquits. It makes a decent smoked fish spread type thing.
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Sea salt, lemon juice, black pepper and sweet corn, add a dash of olive oil and parsley. I'm on a low carb diet so discovered this by accident. Its nice with green leaves and boiled egg too. Let me know if you like it.
  • Chewitz
    Options
    Thanks for more ideas :)
  • Funship
    Funship Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My youngest son says tuna with cottage cheese is a great alternative to mayo.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I usually go with lemon juice, salt and pepper and then smushing up a quarter of an avocado with it. It's 80 cals, creamy and full of good fats. I found that avo and lemon juice is actually a great mayo substitute on lots of thing - sandwiches, burgers etc. Lower cals and nutrient dense :)

yum!! good idea, glad i opened this post :)
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I like to add a wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese to my tuna. I think one wedge is under 100 calories :)
  • slqrivera
    slqrivera Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lime and salt! YUM!
  • KayleighIsGoingFatToFit
    KayleighIsGoingFatToFit Posts: 203 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I use seafood sauce - its a bit odd to use but I like it :)
    Can you not use light mayo?
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I know Miracle Whip is full of blegh ingredients, but I use that with my canned tuna. Significantly less calories than mayo. Though, obviously not as good.