Fighting for my survival

Options
hyvelle
hyvelle Posts: 3 Member
In the past two years, I've been through hell and back I've always had a weight issue. And everything fell apart when I ended up having to have open heart surgery during that time I also had a stroke.I am fighting to live,I'm fighting to get the weight off,I'm fighting for my children, and I'm fighting for a better me.i need support to lose about 65 pounds.all comments I welcome!!!I'm in it for the long-haul.

Replies

• awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    don't go crazy, eat better and move more. Be consistent!
  • Linovitz
    Linovitz Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it! I lost over 50 pounds using MFP as a motivator. It took a year, so it is not quick. Just log all of your food everyday. Try to get in some form of exercise 4-6 times per week. If you can afford it, hire a good trainer for 30 minutes a week, just to keep you motivated and teach you new exercise techniques. A good trainer will work with your current weight and health situation and change up your routines to keep them interesting.
  • CntryAngel824
    CntryAngel824 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! I have had two surgeries in the past year and a half. It is starting to look like a third is on the horizon, but the higher my weight, the lower the success rate. I need to lose almost half of my body weight. I want my life back. I want to play catch with my son. I want to walk to the mailbox without pain. I want to pull weeds in my garden. I want to live.

If you ever need to chat, I am only a message away! You've got this girl. :smiley:
  • choujilee
    choujilee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • hyvelle
    hyvelle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We have so much in common. I have a son that is nine years old and and I love to garden.
  • ll_melville
    ll_melville Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    We're here for you. It's not easy, but so worth it. Remember it's not just what you eat but also portion control. You got this!!