looking for a motivational group...

Options
My name is Amanda I am 34 yrs old. Looking to lose that last stubborn 10 lbs.... I just can't seem to motivate myself alone. Especially because all my family and friends don't really exercise. I need some encouragement... any takers?

Replies

• Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Get off your butt and exercise!!!! I'm headed to the gym soon... get your stuff, I'll wait. Let's go!
  • saramatthews919
    saramatthews919 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You can do it none of my family exercise only me so I often train on my own I don't always enjoy the workout but I like the feeling of accomplishment after it & I have to tell myself to keep going as once you stop it's hard to get going again good luck
  • Pandamanda41
    Pandamanda41 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you both!!!! I can do it. Headed to a dr apt then a nice long hike is in order!
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya. I am the only in my family that exercises. Well, my furbaby is so excited after I do my routine because I take him walking. I guess he is my exercise buddy. It would be nice to have someone exercise with me at times, but I view it as my time. When I am outside running or walking, I turn my cell ringer off and I may or may not listen to music. After waking up early, figting traffic, working all day, dealing with customers and co-workers, figthing traffic again, it's nice to have alone time to destress and do what I want.
  • SavingCarol
    SavingCarol Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    possibly look for a "TOPS" group. Stands for Take Off Pounds Sensibly. They are all over and there's a website: tops.org. I found a local meeting and its very fun and motivational. Very great emotional support group and not a strict diet type group.
  • taydelanie
    taydelanie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to work off the last 10 also. I'm 5'0, 113. No one I'm friends with eats right or exercises and it can be really isolating...add me if you'd like!