Favorite Motivational Quote?

Options
DedRepublic
DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
edited May 2015 in Motivation and Support
Grinding through morning cardio sessions and this is my go to quote. What is your favorite quote? I post these from time to time and always looking to connect with like minded, so feel free to add me.

Replies

• jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Honestly anything that comes out of Rob Bailey's mouth. Dana Linn Bailey and Rob are people I absolutely idolize in their morals and their work ethics. I can't even begin to list the things he's said that keep me going but "Show the world who the *kitten* you are!" is definitely a go to when I'm wearing down and need those last few reps.
  • Effumandshine
    Effumandshine Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    What you do today can improve all your tomorrows. -Ralph Marston

Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.-Brian Tracy

• SarcasmaReddit
    SarcasmaReddit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    "Excuses don't burn calories." I read that on Reddit somewhere, it really stuck with me.
  • pickers817
    pickers817 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    "By changing nothing, nothing changes" Tony Robbins. Time for a change I reckon. Bring it on!
  • MontanaRose84
    MontanaRose84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like it. One of my favorites is..
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
    So when I'm having an "off" day I think to myself "Ok, how can I jam out and conquer these obstacles." So like when I'm sluggish or want to indulge in some treats I choose a half way mark. I don't burn myself out and I don't blow my calorie mark.
  • DedRepublic
    Options
    jsecret wrote: »
    Honestly anything that comes out of Rob Bailey's mouth. Dana Linn Bailey and Rob are people I absolutely idolize in their morals and their work ethics. I can't even begin to list the things he's said that keep me going but "Show the world who the *kitten* you are!" is definitely a go to when I'm wearing down and need those last few reps.

Love me some Dana Linn Bailey!
  • saramatthews919
    saramatthews919 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't challenge you it doesn't change you
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    "It is never to late to be what you might have been"

"Don't as God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet"
  • sun_tzu
    sun_tzu Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sooooooo many options here. I am going to force myself to pick only two.

"Determine the thing can and shall be done, and then we will find the way." - . Abraham Lincoln
    "Hard things take time to do. Impossible things just take a little longer." - Percy Cerutty
  • ScottW3142
    ScottW3142 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    "Your life is made of two dates and a dash. Make the most of the dash." Somewhere on the internet
  • bethhjanee
    bethhjanee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    "What you eat in private, you wear in public"
  • VeggieStef
    VeggieStef Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    "Suck it up, buttercup" and then the oldie but goodie "just do it"
  • tbhnje
    tbhnje Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
  • DedRepublic
    Options
    Long before I was the overweight Dad with a beer gut trying to get his life back, I was the skinny nerd in high school who eventually obtained a good physique once I quit caring what others thought...and quite honestly...I was a "late bloomer" :( Well I am back chasing the Physique I thought was never possible to obtain again...

"We're all gonna make it brah!" - Aziz Shavershian

"If they ever tell my story, let them say I walked with Giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names, will never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Narcissists, Sculptors, and Physiques. Let them say...I lived in the time of Zyzz" - Said Sergeyvich

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRbTdT9RGWA

• DedRepublic
    edited May 2015
    Options

• TheSunshineQueen
    TheSunshineQueen Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Top 10:

1. "You have the power to say: this is not how my story will end." - Unknown
    2. "Failure is a bruise, not a tattoo." - Jon Sinclair
    3. "Little by little one travels far." - Tolkien
    4. "Every morning we get a chance to be different. A chance to change. A chance to be better. Your past is your past. Leave it there. Get on with the future." - Nicole Williams
    5. "You've spent an infinity years not being born and you will spend another infinity years being dead. Make the most of what time you have being alive." - Unknown
    6. "The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
    7. “There are many people who will put you down. Don’t be one of them.” - Unknown
    8. "Regret for wasted time is more wasted time." - Unknown
    9. "One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."
    10. "Do your future self a favor and work hard now." - Unknown

And this isn't motivational per se, but I still love it: "What other people think of me is none of my business." - Wayne Dyer
  • DedRepublic
    Options
    bethhjanee wrote: »
    "What you eat in private, you wear in public"

Love this!
  • TheSunshineQueen
    TheSunshineQueen Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Sorry, had to add: "If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try." - Seth Godin
  • Juxtapositions
    Juxtapositions Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt
  • K_saine
    K_saine Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Even if you only lose half a pound a week, this time next year you will be 26 pounds lighter than you were a year ago.