Green tea sickness

Options
So I've just tried green tea for the first time and I actually enjoyed it but now around 5 minutes after I finished a cup I'm vomiting... does anyone else experience this?

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    It's not clear to me why any conceivable answer would be helpful.
  • DaniHeat
    DaniHeat Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's more if they have then does it go away if I try it once a day, will my body get used to it or if there's any other alternative :)
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I don't like green tea, but I have never had that reaction.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to drink something if it makes you vomit? Green tea don't have magical properties.....Find something else you like to drink....
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Usually, my alternative to drinking something that makes me vomit is not to drink it. I make an exception for tequila.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Forcing your body to get used to something that makes you vomit doesn't sound like a good idea :O
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Usually, my alternative to drinking something that makes me vomit is not to drink it. I make an exception for tequila.

*fistbump*
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    You tried it once, are you sure it's the green tea making you puke? Could be something else.
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Drink fruit or herbal teas. Here's a pic for you to get an idea.

dasjt70dx4qj.jpgmc8jr0pcuyur.jpg

Oh btw, there are a lot more varieties you just have to look for them.
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options

^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Is it some weird ingredient laced 'cleanse' tea?
  • DaniHeat
    DaniHeat Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is the first time I've ever tried it, I don't plan on having it again I'm new to dieting and I heard it was good and I was just wondering if it was normal like if it's just your body getting used to it
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »

*fistbump*

:+1:

Edit: Green tea isn’t good or bad for “dieting”. And your body doesn’t get used to tea, it’s just hot water with steeped herbs. All you need for weight loss is a caloric deficit. I suggest you focus on achieving this rather than trying out dieting myths - a food scale to weigh everything you eat is a good start.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    DaniHeat wrote: »
    It's more if they have then does it go away if I try it once a day, will my body get used to it or if there's any other alternative :)

Why do you need green tea if it's making you sick? Don't force yourself to have anything that makes you unwell.
  • dietstokes
    dietstokes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Did you drink it on an empty stomach? I find that if I drink teas (other than herbals) on an empty stomach, I get very nauseous.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    DaniHeat wrote: »
    This is the first time I've ever tried it, I don't plan on having it again I'm new to dieting and I heard it was good and I was just wondering if it was normal like if it's just your body getting used to it

I'm pretty sure it's not normal, I think it would have more of a reputation if it was!

Don't bother with things like green tea or coconut oil or whatever else claims to be great for weight loss, just eat a calorie deficit. That's all you need.
  • tichristine
    tichristine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This happens to me as well. And I've tried it a couple of times, just to see if I was truly having a reaction to the tea. Anything that has green tea extract makes me intensely nauseous as well. I do not drink it at all nor anything with green tea extract. Those health benefits are not worth it.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you might be having a reaction to it. Pay attention to the previous posters and don't drink things that make you vomit. I drink green tea regularly but it's because I enjoy it, not for the health benefits. To get any real benefits from it, you'd have to drink like 8-10 cups a day and I think that would kill someone like you.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    You know it's not compulsory that you HAVE TO post on MFP?