2012 Jeep Patriot Latitude

Options
farmers_daughter
farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
2.4L I-4 cyl engine.

Who owns one, who has any 2 cents worth about them that they'd like to share.

How's the transmission in them?

Please and Thanks!

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I don't see the point in any Jeep besides the Wrangler, and even then it's only if you're going to get it completely covered in dirt on a regular basis.

Which only about 5% of owners do. Maybe less.

Besides that, Jeeps are a big waste of money.

Why do you want a vehicle of that style?

For space? Get a Subaru Impreza Wagon. More interior room. Better gas mileage. A VW Golf Wagon TDi is also an excellent option.

Need a LOT of space? Get a van.

Do you live in Alaska and actually require AWD? Get a Subaru Impreza Wagon.

Do you just need a vehicle to get you from Point A to Point B? Get a Civic. Thousands less expensive in every aspect.

Do you want a Patriot because you simply just want a Patriot, and you refuse to use logic, common sense, or any other form to critical thinking? Just go and buy one. No one will be able to change your mind.

Disclaimer: I am not a Subaru Fanatic. There just are very few cars that are inexpensive and have a decent AWD system other than Suabru. There are also very few wagons out there.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    I don't see the point in any Jeep besides the Wrangler, and even then it's only if you're going to get it completely covered in dirt on a regular basis.

For space? Get a Subaru Impreza Wagon. More interior room. Better gas mileage. A VW Golf Wagon TDi is also an excellent option.

Do you just need a vehicle to get you from Point A to Point B? Get a Civic. Thousands less expensive in every aspect.

Do you want a Patriot because you simply just want a Patriot, and you refuse to use logic, common sense, or any other form to critical thinking? Just go and buy one. No one will be able to change your mind.

Disclaimer: I am not a Subaru Fanatic. There just are very few cars that are inexpensive and have a decent AWD system other than Suabru. There are also very few wagons out there.

I guess there's no chance that she has found an amazing deal on the Jeep and just wanted some feedback about this specific vehicle for that reason?
  • chivalryder
    Options

I guess there's no chance that she has found an amazing deal on the Jeep and just wanted some feedback about this specific vehicle for that reason?

Not a chance in heck.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

Not a chance in heck.

Well in that case, you make a good point.
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Sorry no advice/experience on the Patriot but I have a 2014 Wrangler and can happily say I will never own anything other than a Wrangler. Ever.

• chivalryder
    Options
    rayneface wrote: »
    Sorry no advice/experience on the Patriot but I have a 2014 Wrangler and can happily say I will never own anything other than a Wrangler. Ever.

I would love one with a diesel engine. That is all.
  • chivalryder
    edited May 2015
    Options
    -

Double post because MFP says I'm getting errors.
  • freqzinbigd
    freqzinbigd Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I think they're really cheap on the used market for a reason...
  • freqzinbigd
    freqzinbigd Posts: 56 Member
    Options

We bought a Forester a month ago or so...I'm quickly becoming a fan. (It's the Mrs' car) The Impreza wagon is *tiny* and just not big enough for family of four + 2 dogs. It'd be all right for a single person or a couple w/o kids.

I really thought I'd hate the CVT: I don't. I am glad I talked her into the turbo though...
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Yeah got to have 4x4, gravel everyday, mud, snow, and work does not ever ever close. not sold on the AWD yet. I'm being open minded after owning chevy trailblazers for the last 10+ years. Sooooo was just asking for experiences on those that have first hand knowledge. :) That's all. Thanks!
  • chivalryder
    Options
    Yeah got to have 4x4, gravel everyday, mud, snow, and work does not ever ever close. not sold on the AWD yet. I'm being open minded after owning chevy trailblazers for the last 10+ years. Sooooo was just asking for experiences on those that have first hand knowledge. :) That's all. Thanks!

My buddy lives down a dirt road that doesn't get full winter service. He owns a couple of Impreza Wagons and never had any issue.

An Outback has higher ride height and may be more useful.

A Forester is definitely larger with more ground clearance for sure.

On any road that is maintained at all, 4x4 is definitely overkill. You only need 4x4 with low range when you're leaving public roads. AWD certainly helps when the snow gets deep and you're liable to get stuck. Any other conditions, even gravel, it's not necessary and just burns more gas.