I am obsessed!

It's all I can think about. Getting healthy and fit. I'm nearing the end of my first month (after a few years off and on) and I'm experiencing great success. Tracking what I eat, planning my meals, challenging new exercises.

For anyone starting out, I can truly say that you get what you put into it. If you commit to yourself, you will see results. It's not going to be easy, there will be days you are tired or sore or hungry but it's worth it. You're worth it.

So what have I been doing? #1 is tracking my food and exercise. That's it really...the rest takes care of it's self. As you see good choices start to pay off, you want to make more good choices. When you see 10 minute walks turn into 15 minute runs...you want more of them.

When you take control and decide that you are the only one who can fix "THIS", something just seems to click. I'm nearing 40 and I decided I didn't want another year of avoiding things/events because I didn't feel like myself.

I'm so inspired by everyone's success stories! Thanks to everyone who has shared.

Replies

• mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Obsessed... yeah, I think I'm there too. :)

Good job @alibeec75. It's going to be a great summer for you in Ontario and me in BC and for thousands of others around the world here who have also taken charge of their bodies again.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    You and me both!! I wake up thinking about my fitness pal, lol I am trying hard this time around, and 10 days in a row is a record for me...I took a 2 year hiatus, and am paying for it with an extra 30 lbs :(

Congrats to you!! Add me if you like :)
  • curlyblue21
    curlyblue21 Posts: 78 Member
    Yeah same here, think it's a good way to be, it certainly keeps me motivated when I come on here and read other people's posts!
  • evillottie
    evillottie Posts: 11 Member
    All I want to think about at the moment is health and fitness! I spend my time reading about it, talking about it and of course actually doing health and fitness stuff. I'm worried I'm boring the people around me because I go on about it so much!
  • SonicMoosie
    SonicMoosie Posts: 9 Member
    ^^^
    I have the same problem, I really can't stop myself from doing all this "health" stuff, I have to be careful with what I say because all the people around me aren't on board with the same thing.