Recommendations for reducing side cramps

Options
BarbieAS
BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
1-2 times per week I do a 60-minute trampoline "airobics" class. It's fun and a great workout - really gets my heart going, super sweaty, all that. But, almost every single time I go I get that cramp/stitch/whatever you want to call it in my right side. It never happens to me during any other workouts (but, other than the trampoline class all I do is lifting and moderately-paced walking).

Now, the last time I thought about a side cramp during activity was maybe in junior high, and the "wisdom" then was that it was caused by drinking too much water and you should just power through it to get it to go away. Well, not only do I inherently doubt the info passed around by 12 year olds on a parochial school track team, I'm doubting it because I don't drink very much at all before/during class (because, let's face it, I've birthed 2 kids - I'd pee my pants. Hydration happens a few hours before class and immediately after) and keeping going is barely an option because JUMPING with a side cramp is way worse than just walking or jogging through it, let me tell you.

So, anyway, any ideas for preventing this from happening and/or nipping it in the bud so I don't have to keep sitting out of 3-5 minutes of class every time?

ETA: I did Google, and the responses I got were get more fit, drink more water, and drink less water. So, yeah, helpful. Just looking for some tried and true advice :happy: