Trying again...

Options
CM_73
CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
Not really new to MFP, I've been on here for ages. Well, on and off, mostly off...
So, this is attempt number 406 to get to where I need to be. Healthier, lighter, fitter and happier!

Replies

• Butterfly42301
    Butterfly42301 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Best of luck and with that mind set you CAN do it!
  • Butterfly42301
    Butterfly42301 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Best of luck and with that mind set you CAN do it! One day at a time! :)
  • PACO1481
    PACO1481 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya! Good luck to both of us! :-)
  • JoT2013
    JoT2013 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Same here! Good luck :)

Jo
  • CM_73
    Options
    Thanks all, appreciate the support :smile: here's hoping!
    I really didn't want to do the food diary thing again, but it's the only thing that's ever worked consistently for me...so time to try again, but stick with it this time!
  • Emiaj
    Emiaj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's definitely a journey. One where you have to surround yourself with lots of positive encouragement. You're on the right track! Stay in there and stay positive. You can do this!
  • CM_73
    Options
    Thank you! Very true, positivity is vital!
    Actually, when I said I'd been on the app for a while, I didn't realise it was actually 3.5 Years. (first time on the message boards though)
    2015 is my Year to succeed if I want it badly enough, and I do!
  • Kashton2011
    Kashton2011 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Good luck, it seems that its quite often a 'trying again' for me too! Need to keep on it this time. So far so good
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Spend some time figuring out what threw you off track on the previous attempts and work out how you will deal with it. If you dont then you will end up repeating yourself.
  • CM_73
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Well done Kashton, keep it up!
    999tigger wrote: »
    Spend some time figuring out what threw you off track on the previous attempts and work out how you will deal with it. If you dont then you will end up repeating yourself.

Thanks for that, my problem is simply overeating. I don't know why I do it, it must be low self-esteem or some other issue.
    I've spent Years trying to analyse the reason but I simply don't know.

The one thing that has been consistent is that if I log everything, and stick to my plan, then I lose weight; and quite easily, too.
    So, this time around I'm going to log everything, every day until it's become habit and I don't have to think about it so much.
    Even falling off the wagon wouldn't be so bad if my weight was stable, but the crushing part is keep having to virtually start again.
    I'm still several stone down on where I very first started though, so the trend is for ongoing weight loss, but it's a very spiky graph!

• Charles4Jesus
    Charles4Jesus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    CM_73 wrote: »
    Thanks all, appreciate the support :smile: here's hoping!
    I really didn't want to do the food diary thing again, but it's the only thing that's ever worked consistently for me...so time to try again, but stick with it this time!

Me too! I was really on the fence about starting back, then I read your post. I'm with you! Lets go!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options

Thanks for that, my problem is simply overeating. I don't know why I do it, it must be low self-esteem or some other issue.

The one thing that has been consistent is that if I log everything, and stick to my plan, then I lose weight; and quite easily, too.
    So, this time around I'm going to log everything, every day until it's become habit and I don't have to think about it so much.
    Even falling off the wagon wouldn't be so bad if my weight was stable, but the crushing part is keep having to virtually start again.
    I'm still several stone down on where I very first started though, so the trend is for ongoing weight loss, but it's a very spiky graph!

The use tactics like prelogging, taking it one day at a time..
    If you are consistently going over your allowance, then consider if it isnt too aggressive.
    When you breach the calorie allowance its a choice made by you and becomes you wanting to eat more than you need. Good luck on the consistent logging, but keep building on your mindset.
  • CM_73
    Options

The use tactics like prelogging, taking it one day at a time..
    If you are consistently going over your allowance, then consider if it isnt too aggressive.
    When you breach the calorie allowance its a choice made by you and becomes you wanting to eat more than you need. Good luck on the consistent logging, but keep building on your mindset.

Thanks for that, I am determined to stick with it.
    It definitely works for me, not so much by eating my meals as they're actually quite healthy. The main benefit of logging (for me) is making me take note of all the extras, which is the really destructive thing in my case.
    I'm also lazy, so if I can't be bothered to log it, I don't eat it!