20 pounds down and still big waist?

2»

Replies

• anuhealani1
    anuhealani1 Posts: 15 Member
    edited May 2015
    Sounds like we have the same body type. I've lost close to 30 pounds in the past 7 months through diet changes, cardio, and strength training, and my waist has diminished by a measly 2 inches. I'm now 'thin' according to any scales but still look pregnant. I hope you have better luck!
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    If it's not one thing, it's another. I'm down 20 lbs and am really pleased with my upper body and waist definition. But the flab around my thighs!!!???!!!! Ick. You're probably feeling pretty happy with your thighs!
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    SkinnyWannabeGal Posts: 143 Member
    I feel ya, OP. After losing some weight, my collarbones and even some chest bones are showing quite a bit, but the tummy, hips and thighs don't want to budge. I was told that from the chest up I look like a tiny person, but from the waist down, I look chunky and pregnant. Oh yeah and my upper arms are still chunky. I look all unproportionate and weird. Can't wait for my fat loss to even out.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    ive losted 27 lbs my stomach has decreased by alot its always the fat part on me ^^ . it will always be the last thing to slim down haha ,the only problem i really have now is my lower belly :0 i have a little 4 pack right now trying hard to make it 6 pack :0 but that lower belly.. =.= iam gonna start resistance training see if i can benefit from that
  • StormiLu
    StormiLu Posts: 211 Member
    I feel ya, OP. After losing some weight, my collarbones and even some chest bones are showing quite a bit, but the tummy, hips and thighs don't want to budge. I was told that from the chest up I look like a tiny person, but from the waist down, I look chunky and pregnant. Oh yeah and my upper arms are still chunky. I look all unproportionate and weird. Can't wait for my fat loss to even out.

Lol I feel like that to with the tiny head lol and haven hair with no volume makes it worse lol
  • StormiLu
    StormiLu Posts: 211 Member
    ive losted 27 lbs my stomach has decreased by alot its always the fat part on me ^^ . it will always be the last thing to slim down haha ,the only problem i really have now is my lower belly :0 i have a little 4 pack right now trying hard to make it 6 pack :0 but that lower belly.. =.= iam gonna start resistance training see if i can benefit from that

Mines all I'm the lower to! Good work though girl!
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    I'm convinced there's a subset to Murphy's Law about weight loss and losing last from the place you want to lose most, and losing first from the places you don't want to lose at all. (Yes, boobs, I'm talking about you.)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Honestly just keep doing what you are and it will come off eventually. The fact is you are 20 down and that will be coming off somewhere, so I dont think Ive ever worried where it was coming off as no spot reducing. I do tend to look at mu body a bit more to see the changes and watch muscles , shape and bones appear that I havent seen for years. Stick with it.
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 544 Member
    Not sure how much weight you have to lose but I always lose in my upper body first. With my belly, I lose inches but it looks the same until I get to the top of my "healthy" weight. My belly looks the same but by measurements I know it is smaller. As I get close to my goal, it changes in appearance and stops looking so flabby.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    I know my belly is shrinking because I can now cross my legs, but more important, I can look at the bottom of my shoes to make sure there's no doggie doo doo on them.