Best Mid Section Advice? HEP!!!

Options
Hello! I am 40 and have a 3yo and with that 3yo came an extra 70lbs. I now weigh 217 and hold all my weight through my mid section. I have this TERRIBLE hanging belly.
Could you all provide me some advice as to what exercise I should be focusing on to help my mid-section? (more importantly the Mother's apron)
Should I wait to start exercising so I can keep losing weight or should I start now?
Thanks for the help! It's hard when you see the scales move but every time you look in the mirror you only see this stretched skin/hanging belly.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Lose fat.

You cannot spot reduce fat so eat in a caloric deficit. For many people, the stomach is the last place to go (if you are more apple shaped or straight up and down rather than curvy in the hips/butt/thighs this will be especially true) so it will take a long time. But you will eventually get there.

And yes, I would start exercising now. Exercising burns calories. Log your exercise and eat at least 50% of the calories.
  • kpodaru
    kpodaru Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    start with food - cut out all the junk/crap/processed garbage and eat clean. it's best way to trim down! my friend lost so much weight simply by eating better and portion control.

start exercising. do want you can and make sure you challenge yourself. join a gym and do a class whether that be spinning or boxercise or whatever. you need to get your heart pumping and classes are fun.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    misti923 wrote: »
    Hello! I am 40 and have a 3yo and with that 3yo came an extra 70lbs. I now weigh 217 and hold all my weight through my mid section. I have this TERRIBLE hanging belly.
    Could you all provide me some advice as to what exercise I should be focusing on to help my mid-section? (more importantly the Mother's apron)
    Should I wait to start exercising so I can keep losing weight or should I start now?
    Thanks for the help! It's hard when you see the scales move but every time you look in the mirror you only see this stretched skin/hanging belly.

Don't wait to start exercising. You can still lose weight while exercising. At first you will probably experience some water retention (for muscle repairs), but that's all it is. It will go away after a bit.

Also, I agree with streamgirl that you should read that thread.