waitressing calories?

Options
Trying to figure out calories per hour...not continuous enough to be cardio...? I dunno...but get my 10000 steps in easily...anyone have an accurate-ish calorie burn rate I can borrow? PS..do you count it if you do it every day...or does yr body just sorta acclimate?

Replies

• ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    If it is your job and you do it on a daily basis it is not exercise.

Edit to Clarify: It is exercise, just not extra exercise you can add to earn more calories.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    That's not exercise. That is activity that should be considered when choosing your activity level (i.e., sedentary, lightly active, etc.)
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    That would be accounted for in your daily activity level. If you're only doing it 2-3 day a week and are fairly sedentary on your days off, I would look up your active calorie level and eat that on your work days.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    A few ways of looking at this:

If you are a terrible waitress, then you’re not working the floor, so zero calories.

If you’re a great waitress, then you know how to work the floor in cycles to avoid multiple trips to the hostess stand and/or kitchen, so zero calories.

Just list yourself as lightly active and tweak things if you’re not getting what you expect to see after a few weeks.