Atkins/Cena Diet

I'm doing a low carb diet opposed to a low calorie diet. Its hard to try and stay semi healthy while doing this diet because most of the food is so high in fat and calories. Does anyone have any suggestions?? Also I cant workout at the moment I have had surgery and am down for the count for about two more months uuggh

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    I don't understand the question - you can eat any number of calories on low carb and there's nothing unhealthy with high fat in the context of a low carbohydrate diet.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    I'm doing a low carb diet opposed to a low calorie diet. Its hard to try and stay semi healthy while doing this diet because most of the food is so high in fat and calories. Does anyone have any suggestions?? Also I cant workout at the moment I have had surgery and am down for the count for about two more months uuggh

To the bolded, if you're not in a calorie deficit, you're not going to lose weight. Low/Hi carb has nothing to do with weight loss.

Low carb can work if it's something you enjoy and helps you keep your calorie deficit.

But I guess if you're finding it too restrictive and difficult, then I'd ask why you're doing it at all?

• jessikahettich
    jessikahettich Posts: 3 Member

ceoverturf wrote: »

To the bolded, if you're not in a calorie deficit, you're not going to lose weight. Low/Hi carb has nothing to do with weight loss.

Low carb can work if it's something you enjoy and helps you keep your calorie deficit.

But I guess if you're finding it too restrictive and difficult, then I'd ask why you're doing it at all?
    I guess the hardest part for me is that I LOVE CARBS!! Ive only just started back on this diet however I know it works well I have done it before. The calories are hard on this diet only because you are eating things like heavy cream, for making whipped cream not low calorie, tons of proteins that are not low calorie (most of them anyways) cheese also not low calorie. Basically not low calorie however it works amazingly if you stick to it and do it correctly. I just want some new recipes I can use Im sick of the same old same old
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    ceoverturf wrote: »

I guess the hardest part for me is that I LOVE CARBS!!

Then why on earth would you choose a no/low-carb diet?
    Ive only just started back on this diet however I know it works well I have done it before.

I don't say this judgmentally - but this sounds like you've done it before, but couldn't keep it up? From my point of view, I'd be inclined to say it DOESN'T work then. A successful 'diet' is one that you can maintain and keep up for the rest of your life.
    The calories are hard on this diet only because you are eating things like heavy cream, for making whipped cream not low calorie, tons of proteins that are not low calorie (most of them anyways) cheese also not low calorie. Basically not low calorie however it works amazingly if you stick to it and do it correctly. I just want some new recipes I can use Im sick of the same old same old

Like I said, many people can have long-term success on this type of diet. However, from what you described, I don't think this is an appropriate diet for you.

Just my 2c.