logging water

Options
psmith_five
psmith_five Posts: 55 Member
How do y'all personally go about logging yalls water intake for the day? Particularly, do y'all count the water mixed with protein powders, pre workouts, and other supplements as part of the minimum required 8 glasses a day? Or do y'all drink 8 glasses in conjunction with the water used in mixtures?

Replies

• PACO1481
    PACO1481 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I only count plain water, no mixes
  • Effumandshine
    Effumandshine Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    ^ What she said.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    any liquid will count as water. Some people like to pretend that adding something to water makes it a completely different substance - but personally I still think it is water - just water with flavor. Personal preference I guess.
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I only count plain water.
    I do it because it makes me drink 8 cups and the other liquids: coffee, diet tea, flavored water just add to that 8 cups and then I feel like I really did good! :smile:
  • granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I like to pretend that barley,hops and yeast is just flavoured water - ;)

I only tally water. All other 'flavoured' water has a separate entry, coffee, beer, wine, juice etc
  • MelissaLsmith93
    MelissaLsmith93 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering how to log water myself. I'm just going to only log plain water. A slim shake or protein shake I'll probably add under snack or something like that.
  • stillonamission
    stillonamission Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I only tally plain water, just because I don't drink enough. I drink a lot of hot tea and coffee, so I use the tally number to encourage me to drink just plain water.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I tend to drink a lot of plain water so I suppose it doesn't really matter much if I also count coffee as water or not. I suppose if I did not like water, I'd challenge myself to count only plain water until I got into better habits, then I'd loosen up.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I gave up logging water completely, because half the time I forgot how much I drank. LOL.
  • moledew
    moledew Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I keep a 32oz bottle of water at work and tally accordingly throughout the day. I'm pretty bad about not wanting water at home so I make sure to get all 64oz in at work. I don't count coffee, tea, or any other liquid as water though-just plain ol' water.
  • theonlysheesha
    theonlysheesha Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I always forget to log my water. haha but I do drink anywhere form 64 oz to 100 oz a day
  • mizzzc
    mizzzc Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    too many y'alls for me
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i mostly only drink water (plain). sometimes i log it, sometimes i dont.

its not a priority LOL
  • ChrisManch
    ChrisManch Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You need about 8 glasses of water a day for your body to function correctly. That includes the water in food, soup, tea, coffee, protein shakes. Most people will get this without forcing themselves to drink more. If you need more water you'll be thirsty, only then do you need to have a drink.

Any excess will be excreted via the kidneys. The body regulates the water in your system within quite narrow limits. Too much is bad, too little is bad, that's why it has mechanisms to regulate it. People have DIED from drinking too much water.
  • gdsmit1
    gdsmit1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've always drank at least the recommended amount of water, so I usually don't log it. When I do log water, it's only the plain water.
  • Lukyanenko
    Lukyanenko Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I don't. I'm more of a drink when you're thirsty kind of gal.