Tired of being the fat friend

Options
looking for more friends for motivation, I am tired of being the fat friend so am very focused on trying to work out more and eating healthier!

Replies

• SonicMoosie
    SonicMoosie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I am on that boat.
    Healthy and Happy! It makes a difference :smiley:
  • AbiBain
    AbiBain Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good on ya! The first week or so will be wobbly then you'll get into the swing of it. Have patience and take it one day at a time. Good luck!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I was always the fattest family member, so I know that feel. I lost all the weight and am now the smallest. Never thought I would live to see that day.

Anyway, it will take a lot of patience and perseverance. My highest weight was around 270lbs at 5'5". I am now 130lbs. I started losing weight without any real work on my part until I was around 215-220 and stayed there for about two years. Finally, Labor Day weekend 2013, I got serious and it has been coming off at the rate of around 1lb a week since. There were a lot of ups and downs, a lot of times where I would get 'stuck' for weeks and wonder why was I retaining all this water and/or not losing weight, but STAY THE COURSE. If you are honest with yourself about what you are putting in your mouth and not going over your allotted calories for the day, you WILL lose the weight. May not be as fast as you want and definitely won't be linear, but have faith and you will be rewarded.
  • nessie149
    nessie149 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. I feel just the same. I'm a new starter with 70lb to lose. I've given myself a year to drop the fat and get fit. Good luck with your journey.
  • jennifuffle
    jennifuffle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey. Feel free to add me, we can support each other through! I am the 'fat friend' and it's not nice xxx
  • rlmassman84
    rlmassman84 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well, I am always looking to widen my support group.
  • Cantstopmyshine1993
    Cantstopmyshine1993 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've been there done that. Feel free to add me (: