Need a kick in the butt.

Options
I was going great guns before going away camping over the easter break. I did well for the 2 weeks away, only gained 400 grams, not bad for remote camping with no internet or phone reception. However, struggling to get back into the habbit of tracking my food. Got my exercise under control, just the food intake.

Have an appointment with my naturapath for a weigh in this morning. I was going to cancel as I have gained weight this week again. But I will go and face the music. May be just what I need.

Any ideas on how to get the light bulb back on?

Replies

• Zechariahblack
    Zechariahblack Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Get a food scale - Weigh EVERYTHING - and I mean everything! DO NOT TRUST your "judgement" or your rough measuring devices like the "big" spoon in your cutlery drawer. It's SUPER EASY to mis judge and those extra calories add up! (Just as an example: a burger gets imputed like this: Meat Patty - scanned from box, Bun - scanned from bag, 1 Tablespoon ketchup - 15 grams on food scale, 1 Tablespoon Mustard - 15 grams on food scale, 1 Tablespoon Relish - 15 grams on food scale, slice of tomato - measured on food scale, Slice of Onion - measured on food scale).

Also if you have a smart phone - GET THE APP - The app allows you to scan bar codes which makes tracking your food E-A-S-Y.

As for the kick in the butt - nobody can motivate you except YOU. I can tell you from personal experience that I've had 5 day streaks and seven day streaks with MFP before finally biting the bullet and "kicking myself in the butt". I'm now (as of today) on day 30 with MFP (and down about 40 pounds since December)!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Butt kicks are a great exercise and everyone has had to do them once in awhile. You are not alone.