Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Cooked Rice vs Dry Rice

phoenixx866
phoenixx866 Posts: 173 Member
The Nutrition for my box of brown rice says:

Servings Size 1/2 cup (43g) makes about 1 cup cooked
Calories 150

Since this is boil-in-a-bag rice, since my normal rice comes out like soup, if I measure out 43g of rice AFTER it's cooked, will it still be 150 calories? I can't separate 43g of rice from the bag.

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    No, it's 43g of dry rice, not cooked, if you weigh out 43 grams uncooked, it will not be 150 calories. The best thing to do if you can't weigh out the dry rice to find out calorie information is to go by servings per container. Say for example one serving is 43g of dry rice and there are 3 servings per container, then if you cook the entire container and weigh the rice after, 1/3 of that weight would equal one serving and be 150 calories. Hope that makes sense.
  • sexysize12
    sexysize12 Posts: 105 Member
    Makes since to me once the rice is cooked divide it into three servings, just store the portions your not going to eat.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Just a word of advice - a rice cooker is a fairly economical purchase, and pretty failsafe for cooking rice. I use one all the time when I make rice and it comes out perfect, every time. I can weigh the rice dry, and the rice is good every time.