New to myfitnesspal

Options
Hi everyone! I just started a couple of days ago. I am 21 years old and I weigh 190 pounds. I gained 50 pounds last year when I got married and started cooking on my own and being in charge of what I eat. It's hard for me because my husband eats 4000 calories in a day easily, and sometimes more. He is a very active man and he has tried to help me with my struggles but it just come easy to him.
I'm having trouble tracking the food because I think I'm doing it right, and then at the end of the day I'm under 1200 calories. I'm eating the same as I was before and sometimes even more so I don't see how I could have gained 50 pounds by eating less than recommended for weight loss?! I just started working out, which I haven't done since middle school gym! It really hard and I found out that I can't run even around the block.
I guess I really need some encouragement to do this because I am not very strong willed. I don't have any friends that are trying to loose weight but I think it would be easier. I want to loose 45 pounds and I know it will be hard! My husband bought me Turbo Jam and I started working on that, but I have to do low-impact for most of the videos. Thank you for reading post and good luck to all of you as you work toward your goals!!

Replies

• 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I understand, because my husband is exactly that way, goes to the gym sometimes twice a day for hours to work out. You have to be patient, I tell myself this everyday. But you got to stick with it no matter what! If you have a bad day, remember a new day is right around the corner, so just start over. I do not like to exercise, but have come to realize that in order to lose weight and get healthy it's something I have to do. I must say (and never thought I would) that I like it once I get started, but I find all kinds of ways to talk myself out it! But I will hurt no one but myselfl. Motivation, Motivation, Motivation others can give it to you, but It's up to you to do this for yourself, afterall don't we deserve it? Good Luck and stick with it!
  • larsbeachgirl
    Options
    Hi I'm a newbie too!

I like my food (esp. sweets - shhhh) but not long ago realised that it was exercise that I was lacking... but exercise comes in many forms and we just have to find what we like to do.

I have a friend who goes to the gym, sits on a bike that goes nowhere and does a 'spin class' - I can't thing of anything moooore booooring!!:yawn: and I tried a step class - felt as un-co as 'Mr Bean' so that's not for me.... however I loved Kickboxing class (get that frustration out - yeah!!!) and although I thought yoga would be too slow for me I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it - and it helps with back pain - BONUS!!! :love:

So just find what works for you!!!! I also love a good brisk walk (powerwalking) - did an hour on Sunday morning (solo - no kids - 'me' time) and enjoyed lookiing around the neighbourhood. We have also been doing a lot of gardening and digging - more exercise... think outside the box

Good Luck and enjoy the experience! :flowerforyou: