Trying to lose and lower cholesterol

Options
Can't take statins for my extremely high cholesterol. Hoping this will help me do it on my own :)

Replies

• CatHunterFit
    CatHunterFit Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this! My Fitness Pal is a great resource! Has your doctor given you any advice about diet and exercise?
  • mooretolife85
    mooretolife85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi and thank you :) not yet he hasn't. I have an appointment tomorrow. I'm really good about eating very healthy, but with cholesterol it's tricky because there are some foods high in cholesterol that you'd never guess we're (ie, shrimp) so I'm trying to be mindful without consuming too little cholesterol as well.
  • Peloton73
    Peloton73 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Why can't you take statins?
  • mooretolife85
    Options
    Allergic reaction. Dr calls it lipitor rash. Hives head to toe
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    You've got this!
  • lovethepirk
    lovethepirk Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    reduce your fructose, increase colorful vegetables. Learn what fructose is...for instance half of sugar is fructose. watch this entire video, but you may want to start at minute 57 to see what you are in store to learn. Fructose will metabolize in your liver into high amounts of VLDL(bad) and uric acid. These are scientific facts.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
  • mooretolife85
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • acollis1
    acollis1 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Over the last 2 years I have lowered my cholesterol 40 points with diet and exercise alone. You can do it! Also you can customize your diary settings, I set my cholesterol to 300, you can show it on your diary page to make sure you stay in check :smile:
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Don't know what factors played the biggest role but when I cut back on bread, upped fruits , veggies, added oatmeal for breakfast, and started running. The result was I lost 50 pounds and lowered the bad cholesterol 50 points. Your genetic make up has a lot to do with your results but its worth a shot. Good luck!