clean eating and low carb for apple shape??

Options
hi! i am an apple shape and i am trying to eat pretty clean. i am losing inches everywhere except my stomach. i am definitely an apple shape and saw that if i were to lower my carb intake this would help lose inches on my stomach?

my job is pretty high stress and i work 12 hr shifts (which i do get time to do mini workouts) i am very active and love to excercise running biking weights zumba dance all that. i just cant seem to lose that darn stomach!

help! im looking for advise and support!!!!!!!

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    The stubborn areas are always last to go! Keep up the god work, it'll shift.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I think that's normal for an apple shape. I'm a pear shape and lose my belly easily but the booty and thighs hang on for dear life. Having a desk job sure doesn't help either. :grumble:
  • jakkisr
    jakkisr Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple shape too .. Losing everywhere except the waist right now grrrrr! Totally normal, it'll come off ... eventually!

I'm concentrating on exercise to shape up now, I eat healthy, diary is open, don't know if my diet is helping or hindering the apple shape to be honest - I don't need to lose more weight but I do want a shape! (I can tell you that cutting wheat makes a massive difference, really flattens the tummy out).
  • thefithuntress
    Options
    Hey there!

I'm apple too. I always gain weight in my tummy and boobs and it's frustrating not seeing it change as much as I want it to.
    I've been working towards exercising regularly and eating clean for almost a year now. I became a vegetarian 3 years ago and haven't gone back since. I don't think there is one diet that works for everyone. You just gotta focus on clean eating to reduce body fat- the tummy will change last. I'm sending you a request so we can talk about what you're doing and tweak/work together. :)
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    tell me about it. I'm pretty sure we just have to wait until we look like a beach ball with legs before the belly goes. There's probably some truth to that whole cortisol/adrenal thing, but I don't think any of the supplements that claim to fix that actually do anything.