does this daily weight calculation work?

Options
Yes / No??

Replies

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Nope, woefully inaccurate IME.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Do you mean the 'if every day was like today in 5 weeks you would weigh _____"? What do you mean by 'work'? You probably won't weight that in 5 weeks if that's what you mean. Not because the calculation is wrong, but because the next 35 days aren't going to be exactly like today.

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    nah, ignore that. I don't know why it even exists.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    It's an estimate based on that day's calorie intake. But weight loss isn't linear, so no, it's not super accurate. Just keep eating in a deficit and you'll keep losing or gaining according to your intake.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Haha. Not for me. I eat anywhere from 1600-2500 calories a day with no cardio, so I'm either losing/maintaining/gaining on any given day using that thing.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not even close for me.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Def not
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    No but it inspires me everyday to workout and finish my day under my goal
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    No. First I lost faster. Then I lost slower. BUT I did lose a pound a week on average for 6 months following the guidelines.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    nah, ignore that. I don't know why it even exists.

It's just a way to convert calories into a form that people understand. If you over eat by 300 calories, someone might think, "Who cares? It's just one candy bar." But when you see your weight would go up three pounds in five weeks if you keep doing that behavior, it has more meaning.