1135 days in a row and we survived being struck by lightening last night!

californiagirl2012
californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
edited May 2015 in Motivation and Support
1135 days of logging fitness AND survived being struck by lightening!

I didn't get to exercise.

Roberta-MFP-1135-days-and-lightening-strike_zps9qbnvpj1.jpg

I just got my wifi up in time to finish a deadline for one of my bosses John Barban minutes ago.

I want to eat all the food in the house. I didn't get enough sleep.

But I'm determined to stay on track with food because I've had enough "eating over" days in the last few months already. If I give in all the time I don't get to keep my shape. That's how it is.

BUT, today reminded me that even if I went over in calories, it's NOT THE FREAKIN END OF THE WORLD. If our pets, neighbors, or anyone we know were hurt THAT would have been. But it didn't happen that way.

I'm just very very tired. But I had the most amazing time with the Fire Battalion Chief this morning searching for the lightening struck trees and all the ground disturbances and fires that were contained. It was kind of an interesting day, and kind of exciting, and kind of exhausting.

And, time for a 1st Phorm and egg white waffle, a shower, and sleep.

Wow. We survived.

Oh and apparently I was on Sacramento fox40 news and 6pm. Some of my friends saw me on it, but I don't have TV and it's time for SLEEP. I don't care. lol

5 houses on our hill had physical damage, but we all survived, and so did all our pets. SO WE ARE HAPPY. The stuff can get fixed, life is still here. It hit several trees, traveled along the ground, under the ground through roots, through rocks and wires in houses, and started many fires. Fire crews got there quickly and contained all the brush fires.

There's a cool picture of the lightening struck trees here It was so awesome and powerful. All our houses shook like an earthquake or explosion when it happened.

16440072.png

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,979 Member
    Glad everyone is okay! . Congrats on your streak.
  • californiagirl2012
    We are glad everyone is okay. Here's the little news blurb about it

http://fox40.com/2015/05/07/community-on-edge-after-lightning-sparks-several-fires/

Mainly we are happy no one was hurt, and we still love our little tight nit community. We are all taking care of each other. We'll be dealing with the damage for awhile.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    I've had lightning strike a tree and hit the sprinkler system, it's definitely awesome and powerful. Glad no one was hurt, that's pretty crazy lightning activity for one shot (and I used to live in two of the lightning hotspots in the US).
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Hope everyone is ok! What a scary thing to live through. How long will it fake to repair the damage?
  • californiagirl2012
    jorinya wrote: »
    Hope everyone is ok! What a scary thing to live through. How long will it fake to repair the damage?

Mainly it depends. For us it's a matter of ordering parts for damaged things around the house. One of our neighbors has it the worst as wires underground were fried, as well as her well pump, and a lot of other problems. Actually repair crews are still accessing the damages. It was INSANE.