From 263 Pounds to 128 Pounds (Lots of Pictures)

Options

Replies

• purplemystra
    purplemystra Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. PCOS is something doctors need to pay more attention to. I have PCOS too. I'm so glad you found a doctor who was able to help you. Congrats on your success and accomplishing your goal. :smile:
  • ddnavy
    ddnavy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Fantastic... I love seeing the pictures. I helps keep me going. Thank you. Congrats!!
  • TeresaMarie2015
    TeresaMarie2015 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yeah - looks good on you. Great inspiration for my journey.
  • Jilliankosto
    Jilliankosto Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :)
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Incredible!
  • ginny92802
    ginny92802 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I saw an endocrinologist last week and I am going back next week to go over results of my blood work. I'm really hoping I get the missing link like you did. It's so discouraging to work so hard for so little results and stick with it. I had already been diagnosed with PCOS but no doctor ever did anything about it except send me to a nutritionist who didn't really give me any information I could use that I didn't already know. I felt like I must somehow deserve to be fat if I tried so hard and never could lose more than 20 lbs, and that was with real effort. Congrats on your success!!
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    ginny92802 wrote: »
    Thanks for posting. I saw an endocrinologist last week and I am going back next week to go over results of my blood work. I'm really hoping I get the missing link like you did. It's so discouraging to work so hard for so little results and stick with it. I had already been diagnosed with PCOS but no doctor ever did anything about it except send me to a nutritionist who didn't really give me any information I could use that I didn't already know. I felt like I must somehow deserve to be fat if I tried so hard and never could lose more than 20 lbs, and that was with real effort. Congrats on your success!!

I had the same experience where I was sent to several nutritionists and none of them would believe me when they looked at my food and exercise logs! It was beyond maddening!!! I would usually sit in my car and cry after those appointments :( keep advocating for yourself!
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • raraCoco
    raraCoco Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Amazing story, and it also sounds extremely frustrating for you! I also have PCOS and for the longest time I weighed 210 pounds. I started eating low calories but could not lose weight at first. I went on an elimination diet and lost 20 pounds (mostly water weight) within the first 2 weeks. My naturopath helped me realize my body could not tolerate gluten, soy, beef and dairy. I stopped eating the gluten and soy but just could not give up the dairy and beef. Weighing 193 pounds for the longest time, even though I was extremely active and low calorie, I finally went off the beef and dairy and I lost 7 pounds! Perhaps you have a food sensitivity you don't know about!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • natkaye
    natkaye Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had a really hard time with side effects when I first started the metformin so I was on a low dose and it didn't work at all. My endocrinologist told me that most women with PCOS need the max dose for it to be effective. She told me to power through the side effects and that my body would eventually adjust. It finally has and I feel terrific! Once I started the max dose I saw results within 2 months.
    Yea I was on 1g for about a week and I couldn't handle the sickness every morning I guess that helps with the weightless too haha not wanting to eat anything every morning, how long did it last on the max dose?
  • Lexieberry
    Lexieberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Wowza! Beautiful girl...congrats and best wishes on your journey
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job and I'm so glad you were able to get the right information.
  • GA_belle
    GA_belle Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It is so great that the metformin worked for you. I was diagnosed with PCOS almost 20 years ago. Metformin never helped me. I worked my way up to the max dose and stayed on it for about two years when I was in my late 20s. I did not lose weight after starting it. I also never ovulated or got my periods while taking it. Finally, after seeing no progress and only experiencing the negative gastro effects I stopped taking it.
  • laurabethless
    laurabethless Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Wow what a story.. You look AMAZING!
  • Freddi_O
    Freddi_O Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This is truly inspiring. You look so happy and beautiful, keep up the awesome work!
  • Myweightlossdiary
    Myweightlossdiary Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your starting weight is very close to mine and so is your goal weight. Thanks for sharing your story! I have something to look forward to myself! It's so inspiring to read about others going through similar struggles. Thanks again!
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Great job you look amazing!!
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!