Remember when? When you didn't log

Options
remember the days when you didn't log everything in or count calories? I can't even imagine now but had an innocent moment of bliss recalling when I didn't log every calorie and worry about my intake. And I didn't work out either. Can't imagine. Can you?

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    I can easily imagine not logging. I only started logging mid-Feb, and don't plan to continue too much longer. Maybe another couple months. I have used calorie trackers like MFP before now and then, but only for 3 weeks at a time to make a minor adjustment to the weight. I might possibly continue after mid-June ... maybe. But not with the "intensity" I am now.

As for working out ... I can't imagine not working out. There have been a few weeks over the past 25 years where I haven't worked out because of an injury, but working out is a natural part of my life.

• nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine being at the point of not logging. I know it will come some day in the future, but I cannot think about that point or even have it as a goal. So many years of overeating got me here, it will take quite some time to recover. It's really a one day at time effort for many of us. And logging is integral to continued success.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I can imagine not logging in the short term, I regularly have days where I don't bother logging. But I don't think I'll stop logging entirely any time soon, last time I did that I gained 20lbs. I need to count calories at least most days or I'll gain weight.

I can definitely imagine not working out though, since I don't work out now.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm probably gonna be logging forever tbh, because i cannot rely on my estimations.
    Plus, when you're almost reaching 50 you cannot eat like when you were 21 (which is what i was doing). Lol
    I actually don't mind logging and if it keeps my weight down, that's fine by me!
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    SkinnyWannabeGal Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I do remember the non-logging days and revisited them while on an awesome 3 week vacation recently; which led to a 15 pound weight gain. I now depend on logging because it's so easy for me to over or even under eat if I don't know where I'm at. Besides, it's become such a good habit to have that I kind of look forward to it. I like to check the nutrition facts of EVERYTHING before I even consider putting it in my mouth. It's not just about weight loss for me, but also about eating more nutrient rich foods. I love MFP.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I find it difficult to remember being fat too :bigsmile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    actually I can't hardly remember what it was like, been here 3 yrs ...its just become habit now but its also why I am now slim / fit and am staying that way :smile:
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I remember not logging, and eventually I'll get back to that. But what I don't want to do is stop stepping on the bathroom scale. That is how I gained the weight back. The weekly weigh in is the log summarized as one number. As long as I adjust my calories when I see the scale start to move one way or the other, I can maintain my weight without logging every detail. During those weeks I'm trying to trim a couple of pounds, I might log, but the rest of the time, I see no reason to keep doing it.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I started logging in Nov. But before then I was working out every day and I had a better relationship with food. Now I log every day and am teetering on the precipice of an ED. :neutral: