how do you guys break up your meals??

Options
2»

Replies

• kpodaru
    kpodaru Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Laura732 wrote: »
    The simple answer is to Eat when you're hungry. For me, sometimes that has been 4 times a day, at other times its been six times a day...

^^ this. listen to your body; it will tell you when you're hungry.
  • KingoftheLilies
    KingoftheLilies Posts: 71 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    mmoore83 wrote: »
    @KingoftheLilies I am aware that study wasn't the best example to use. I appreciate your response. Even dieticians, personal trainers, and exercise physiologists are going to disagree on what the best course of action is because it really does depend on each individual. No single approach is going to work for everyone.

Of course, we are all our own individual people and our personal preferences, conveniences & therefore effort we're willing to put into our approach all impacts on what does or doesn't work.

I'm just saying, from a scientific standpoint, the concept of meal timing & frequency is largely irrelevant, so there's no need to alter your meal times or relative sizes if you're totally happy with them as they are.
  • mmoore83
    mmoore83 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @Emilia777 My apologizes. It has been a long week. And I know better than to look for answers on the internet. It was a quick search, with not much thought put into it. I'm pretty sure the "real" articles out there will not give a definitive answer and will simply say what we and others agree on: it is not the same for everyone. Have a good weekend.
  • joegarbutt1
    joegarbutt1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I break mine out into 6 during the day (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, casein shake before bed). Doesn't matter what time you eat them, but I'm normally pretty consistent during the work week eating every 2-3 hours just because it fits my schedule. I'm also doing about 1900 calories, so I just make sure my macros (45P/30C/25F) fit within that calorie guideline.

• joegarbutt1
    joegarbutt1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good macros
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I bought a thyroid diet book, and the author also suggested not eating after about 8:00. My crazy after-work schedule means I can't always do that, but when I do, it certainly doesn't hurt. It doesn't affect my morning energy to "close shop" at 8:00 - I am up and about at about 4:30 a.m.