Joining Slimming World Tomorrow- does this app help?

GretchinMoss
GretchinMoss Posts: 1 Member
edited May 2015 in Getting Started
Hiya,

I am pretty new to all of this but thought I would say hello! I am looking to lose 2 stone and joining SW tomorrow for some extra motivation- any hints, tips advice would be much appreciated!

Adele
xx

Replies

• kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    edited May 2015
    The only reason SW works is because it makes people eat a calorie deficit. In my opinion it's easier to ensure success by following the program here than by following the SW program.

Using MFP you have much more control over your deficit and nutrition. You can choose an exact calorie limit and stick to it. Whereas you could follow the SW plan to the letter but have very different calorie counts depending on what you ate that day. Being able to track macronutrients (carbohydrates, fats and protein) is also helpful to ensure you're getting a well balanced diet.
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    This app helps a great deal plus there are lots of helpful people willing to support, motivate and sometimes tell you the hard truth. Plus logging your food helps you see what calories you are eating and if you doing well. You can track your weight and measurements too. Enjoy every minute of this your weight loss journey. You have taken the first step to a healthier happier, lighter you. You can do it! You're a champion already.