Do you have what it takes?

2»

Replies

• JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    cbangma wrote: »
    We all know actions speak louder than words. This is has been especially true with getting in shape and eating healthy. So many people talk about wanting to do it and even act like they want to do it.

The real test of how bad you want to succeed is commitment. So many people fall off or never start because they were never really committed to their success in the first place.

Could you imagine how many more people would succeed if they actually took their commitment seriously and followed through?

So all this diet and exercise really comes down to one thing....commitment. Its not how many times you cheat, not how well you do your reps, not if you skip a workout. Believe it or not some of the very committed people do these things. The difference is when it happens that they don't give up. Come Monday they are back at it again trying to do the best they can. Commit to yourself and don't give up just because you had one cheeseburger.

Interesting first post.... Now come back here and repost this when you hit 500 days logging in...

I don't think the number of days you log into this site is indicative of any commitment. Additionally, just because you have few posts doesn't mean you haven't been on MFP for a while. Maybe this person has been at it for a while and simply never posted anything on these boards. Number of posts means nothing. Number of days logged in means nothing. Number of days you've been counting, tracking (even with pen and paper) and sticking to your plan, that's what means something at the end of the day.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    zyxst wrote: »
    Probably not, but it's all habit now and I'm too lazy to change.
    Yeah, I thought about quitting but I couldn't be arsed.