Where Are My Workout from Home Mammas

Options
I am Erin, from the desert of Wyoming. I am 24 and a mom of 1. Since the start of my journey I have always done my workout from home. Since becoming a mom I'm kind of a homebody, as in I don't like to leave home without my baby girl. I have done plenty of online workout videos, the 30 Day Shred, I have a weight bench and free weights and Im currently doing the 21 Day Fix.

I'm looking for other ladies who workout from home to be buddies with. Even if you don't, we can still be friends.

Replies

• Epaho
    Epaho Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    you can add me - i have a weight bench and free weights too. and i'm in a martial arts class twice a week.
  • Nicmom24
    Nicmom24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join you. Back when my kids were little bitty, I was like you and didn't leave my kids often, if at all.

Now 2 of my four (15, 12, 10 and 8) are taller than me, so I get out more now...but much of my time is running the kids to where they need to go.

My schedule includes volunteering at the kids school, and teaching-- English as a second language classes 4 mornings a week, as well as two community college classes a semester....but it's finals week this week is crazy but next week will have much more free time.

I do have a Planet Fitness membership. But I use free weights at home when the mom/teacher schedule doesn't allow a trip to the gym. In the past I've also used a variety of fitness videos too.

I'm looking for some accountability partners...I slack off if I'm doing something just for me...being part of a group might help me maintain motivation.

Thanks for reaching out
  • shorehaminx
    shorehaminx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am also a gym at home mum - kids go to school I crack on with the exercise

Feel free to add me x
  • justjack18
    justjack18 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 year old boy and workout at home only
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Stay at home Mom and workout at home Mom here too! I love doing Jillian's DVD's along with some free weights I have here at the house. Also like to run outside now that the weather is warmer. We have a treadmill too, but I would much rather run outside.
    How is the 21 day Fix? I always seem to rotate 30DS, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and some of her other workouts. I just started Body Revolution yesterday and really enjoyed the workout! Looking forward to doing it again today.
  • jtoup11
    jtoup11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm not a stay at home Mom (kids are now 21,19,16,15!) but I get up at 5 every morning and work out at home before work. It's just a habit I started about a year or so ago because I just found it too difficult to get motivated later in the day and it seemed like something always got in the way. I have lost almost 30lbs! I'm now on my last 10-12lbs to go so I joined MFP to track since I seemed to be struggling to get this last bit off. I need to fine tune food and my workouts. I love all the Fitness Blender videos, Chris Freytag, Jessica Smith. You can find literally anything you want on YouTube. My discipline has come from mixing it up by doing something different every day. Weekends we hike, run and speed walk outside if it's good weather. And I'm doing weights like a boss! My Sister in law is a personal trainer and she commented that she couldn't believe I was being this disciplined to work out at home for this long. She said most people can't Keep that up. Hey there are days I want to cry because I don't want to get up and I just fight through it and get it done! I do use Advocare products which totally help me as well. The 24 day challenge is where I started and then now I use the all the performance products. And plan plan plan ahead. We make all our healthy lunch and snack packs as a family on Sunday night for the week, plan all my dinners and shop ahead as well. And no crap in the house! Dark Chicolate is about as bad as it gets! Keep it up!!!
  • erinnichols91
    erinnichols91 Posts: 10 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    MamaFunky wrote: »
    Stay at home Mom and workout at home Mom here too! I love doing Jillian's DVD's along with some free weights I have here at the house. Also like to run outside now that the weather is warmer. We have a treadmill too, but I would much rather run outside.
    How is the 21 day Fix? I always seem to rotate 30DS, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and some of her other workouts. I just started Body Revolution yesterday and really enjoyed the workout! Looking forward to doing it again today.

I loved the 30 Day Shred. It's what fot me into a consistent routine. The 21 Day fix has realllllly helped with my portion control and being more contentious about what I'm eating. I eat so many more veggies and lean proteins now