2»

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Afura wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I weigh myself every day.

Yes, I know that's not recommended, but the main reason I do is because doing that has revealed patterns, and I know not to worry if I stay the same weight for a few days, or even go up half a kilo, because that's all a part of the pattern.

So I weigh myself in the same place every day, and always first thing in the morning after using the toilet.

I do this, but I also weigh in right before bed...I drop between 2-5 pounds overnight every night! Really puts those fluctuations into perspective, LOL.

It is entertaining to see it. WHERE DID IT GO!?!? :lol:
    Me too! (Answer: mostly down the toilet)
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    You have to look at the long-term trends.

ZKEa3M6.png
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Afura wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I weigh myself every day.

Yes, I know that's not recommended, but the main reason I do is because doing that has revealed patterns, and I know not to worry if I stay the same weight for a few days, or even go up half a kilo, because that's all a part of the pattern.

So I weigh myself in the same place every day, and always first thing in the morning after using the toilet.

I do this, but I also weigh in right before bed...I drop between 2-5 pounds overnight every night! Really puts those fluctuations into perspective, LOL.

It is entertaining to see it. WHERE DID IT GO!?!? :lol:

I'm a 45 year old woman, I get up to pee 3-4 times a night and don't get me started on the hot flashes.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

ZKEa3M6.png

What happened February 28th?
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I often fluctuate 1-2 pounds a week or even a day because of water, especially if I have gone up to altitude (camping trip in the mountains, etc.). I weigh myself every day and know the trends...when it is likely water and when it's not. The key is trends over time. Also, how do your clothes fit? I would LOVE to be losing a pound a week, i usually average 1/2 pound.
  • cparsons_60
    cparsons_60 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself at home every morning, but I know my old analog scale isn't that great. I take TRX at the Y every Wednesday evening, and weigh myself on their balance scale after every class, always wearing the same clothes (shorts, t-shirt, no shoes). This is the only weight I really count, and the weight I post on MFP.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    What happened February 28th?

I bought a new scale. It's a Withings WiFi scale. I think I manually entered the immediately prior dates from the doctor's office. The long flat line off to the left is the remnants from my previous MFP attempt. This current attempt started on 2/28.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    If the scale is down a pound, then you lost it.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    If the scale is a pound less than last week, you lost a pound.

Not true. Weight loss is not linear. You can gain a pound one week and lose three pounds the next. You know this, TimothyFish.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Same to you @Liftng4Lis
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Same to you @Liftng4Lis
    Of course she did. I never said she wasn't going to gain it back :wink:
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options

ZKEa3M6.png
    Thanks. This is helpful!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates ...you need long term trends

There are apps like libra, sites like trendweight.com (for fitbit/withings users)

e5q4qybfwrgw.jpg
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    When the trend continues downward you'll know. An added bonus is when clothes get looser.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If the scale is a pound less than last week, you lost a pound.

Not true. Weight loss is not linear. You can gain a pound one week and lose three pounds the next. You know this, TimothyFish.

Weight fluctuations are weight loss/gain. They make it harder to measure fat loss but they most certainly are changes in weight.