Coworker issue

Options
My coworker stole my water bottle and now I am out of water... I also don't like water from the sink unless it has been run through a Brita filter...

Replies

• jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Ask them nicely to replace it go get another bottle of water from the shop or water dispenser. It's not really a big issue and can be easily sorted.
  • K_saine
    K_saine Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    She not a nice person and won't replace it
  • jorinya
    Options
    Can you get another one yourself?
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Talk to your manager, let them know what happened. Is it a nice water bottle or just a random bottle? (ie can you replace it quickly easily or is it a $5 bottle that they need to have the person clean and return)
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    K_saine wrote: »
    My coworker stole my water bottle and now I am out of water... I also don't like water from the sink unless it has been run through a Brita filter...

#firstworldproblems
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I agree, theft is a crime report to the manager.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I'd cut her....ok...not really but that would make me super crabby! Sounds like you're going to end up having to suck it up and buy a new one even though that's not fair.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Steal it back. Someone took my tea cup right off of my desk. I saw it on her desk the next day, so I just swiped it back. She didn't say a thing. I could have done worse, but I really just wanted my cup back. I just can't drink my tea out of those sad styrofoam cups.
  • jorinya
    Options
    If its a bullying issue, which I think that's what I am picking up on then talk to your manager but be careful how you handle it and make sure you are not the one that started the problem in the first place or else it could turn against you. If any of my staff and a problem with another staff member or management I wouldn't want them to be coming to work feeling that they will be picked on. If it was management I would sack them because that is not a good example they are setting. If staff then it would be disciplinary straight away, warning and possible investigation. But that's me!!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Go buy another water bottle and lick the top as you walk by her and explain that you thoroughly lick ALL of your water bottles when you buy them.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Hve the police been called or perhaps start a class action. How will you make it home?
    Report it if you have proof, are unable to sort it yourself and you can deal with everything that follows.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    K_saine wrote: »

#firstworldproblems
    Kinda, but I know I won't drink tap water out of several towns (I'm looking at you Houston). It's just nasty.
  • jorinya
    Options
    JenAndSome wrote: »
    Go buy another water bottle and lick the top as you walk by her and explain that you thoroughly lick ALL of your water bottles when you buy them.

You just made me laugh so much I almost fell off my chair. Thanks a lot!!! Love it!!!!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    WTF, man? Steal your water back. How difficult is it?
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    This cant be real.... :D Next time put your name on it with permanent marker.
  • MoreFabbLessFlab
    MoreFabbLessFlab Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I would steal it back and write my name all over it in sharpie after I boiled it clean.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

Ditto. Confront her or go to a manager....kinda bs to just deal with it.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

Ditto. Confront her or go to a manager....kinda bs to just deal with it.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    quit your job. it's the only solution to a problem as big as this.
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'd be all up in her face. "Look Beoch, I'm hangry today. Don't touch my water. EVER. You got it? Good."

Seriously though, who does this?