Question about goal weight setting

when you put your goal weight in your MFP setting do you put your ultimate goal weight or do you put what you want as a first goal ?

Replies

• kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    edited May 2015
    I'm not sure that it matters. You'll get where you want to be either way. Why don't you enter your first goal and see how many calories it allows you, then amend it to your ultimate goal. If they're different choose whichever number you'll be most comfortable with. Both of them will have the deficit necessary to loose weight.

I will probably lower my goal once I reach it.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    It is your choice. I put in my first goal and then I changed the goal once I hit that weight.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    whichever you prefer, you can edit it whenever you want
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I changed my goal weight 3x...165 to 155 to 145 as I hit the goals I realize it wasn't where I wanted to be...

I changed it again her a while ago...

It can be a moving target often times...if you are getting enough calories on your ultimate goal weight go for that.

If you want smaller increments so it's not intimidating do that...
  • harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    It's just preference! Some people like to see where they are compared to their ultimate goal, some are more motivated by hitting a goal more often, then setting a new one. I tried it both ways and it didn't really change the calorie/nutrition goals MFP gave me.