Sports Bra Advice Needed

Options
agreenid
agreenid Posts: 218 Member
This one specifically for the woman out there with bigger bust sizes...

I currently wear a 38DD bra size and am having a heck of a time finding a sports bra that works and cuts down on bounce (ow) now that I'm doing a lot more cardio. I did 4.5 miles yesterday and my current bras just aren't working anymore. I was using the older version of the Champion underwire sports Bra from Macy's but it's just not cutting it anymore. Though I would like it to also be cute it's not a requirement, I just want it to be comfortable and do a good job!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I saw this article recently, which might also help you:
    http://co-op.kinja.com/four-best-sports-bras-1697989040
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I saw this article recently, which might also help you:
    http://co-op.kinja.com/four-best-sports-bras-1697989040

That pretty much covers the main ones I see recommended her all the time.

FTR - I use the Moving Comfort, a few models. I'm breastfeeding which makes things a little more complicated/sensitive and I've been using the Fiona and love it. It is so comfortable.
  • momagent
    momagent Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm as big as you and I got an Under Armour one last week for my 1st 5k. It worked well
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Check out Title 9 sports online. They specialize in sport bras for women with large cup sizes.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Some of the ladies at my gym wear a bust wrap over their sports bra. Since loosing most of my weight I can get by with the glamorize no bounce.
    tc9y1tu207uu.jpg
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I like Shock Absorber and I'm a 34F currently. I was a 38F when I first tried one. I have both the Ultimate Gym and Ultimate Run versions. I also have a bra by LaLa Ilsa(sp?) that's identical to the Shock Absorber Ultimate Run but was about half the price. They all give the uniboob look but that's the least of my worries when working out.
  • ljk0615
    ljk0615 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    this one. i know they make a 38 D, not sure about a DD. This is the most amazing sports bra. No others even compare. qxy9hxc7lclf.jpg
  • KingsGirl4
    KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I was in the same place as you for years until Victoria's Secret came out with their sports line. I highly recommend their sports bras- they are amazing!!! I haven't found a competitor yet. They are pricey- $60 but they have sales a lot which makes them half off. I can't wait until the next sale so I can get new ones!
  • LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I second Shock Absorber, especially the 4490. I wear a UK size 30G and you can pry mine from my cold dead hands cause otherwise I won't give it up.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Panache sport. Works on 32g
  • annh7
    annh7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Panache sports, fantastic bra, 34F no bounce or wobble
  • astridyeah
    astridyeah Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Therealobi1, annh7, bless you for mentioning the Panache sports, I was trying to figure out what mine was after I figured I needed to be resized but the tag had faded completely! I can third the recommendation, I'm a 34G and I can sprint comfortably in it or keep up in ballet class without worrying about bouncing out of my tank! I also have the Shock Absorber and it works great too, but the Panache give a more boob shape under my clothes so I can wear it without looking weirdly blocky, whereas the Shock Absorber gives a more traditionally bound looking chest and I like to change into at class rather than travel to class wearing it, it also sits higher on the chest and peeks out my neckline. I'll get whichever one I see on sale first, they're both great, but I have a slight preference for the Panache.
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Panache sport. Works on 32g

Same size here - another vote for the panache. Best sports bra I have ever owned, and I've had a fair few in my time!
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I like shock absorber. I'm 34g so I need to keep them tethered! Hardly any movement. Not a good look but who cares as long as I don't get 2 black eyes
  • ladeelaurie
    ladeelaurie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When it comes down to it you need a sports bra that will hold you in not flop you around. When choosing a sports bar don't cut cost after all you don't want saggy bags. When purchasing a sports bra I look for quality material, strong heavy duty that can keep up with my activity, I also choose sports bras that have thick shoulder bands have have a lot of back coverage, not the stringy bras the b cupers use, finally if possible I buy one size smaller that what I normally use. These 3 things have worked for me so far. The 2 brands I love is underarmor and adidas. Hope this helped!
  • arobrtsn
    arobrtsn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Running stores have a good selection and you can try them on.
    I wear the Enell. It's ghastly but it works for my 32FFs
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Look for a bra that has both upper and lower clasps. When I was overweight (with a slight shoulder injury) it was impossible to wrestle out of any razorbacks that couldn't be fully opened up. Yes, there were a couple of moments where I've had to call out for help from a random nearby sister to get unstuck from garment. Not fun :(
  • JoggingNerd
    JoggingNerd Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    If you want to be cheap, you can double up. I've been doing that to go jogging. Each sports bra is a bit too small. The outside sports bra is a cheap front-zip that keeps everything in place.

One I have found that does work on its own (no doubling up) is the Glamorise No Bounce back closure. I bought that about one band size and one cup size too small, and it's worked wonders.

For context, I am probably a 44 DD. Or maybe a DDD. I haven't measured since gaining this weight.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    agreenid wrote: »
    This one specifically for the woman out there with bigger bust sizes...

I currently wear a 38DD bra size and am having a heck of a time finding a sports bra that works and cuts down on bounce (ow) now that I'm doing a lot more cardio. I did 4.5 miles yesterday and my current bras just aren't working anymore. I was using the older version of the Champion underwire sports Bra from Macy's but it's just not cutting it anymore. Though I would like it to also be cute it's not a requirement, I just want it to be comfortable and do a good job!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sports bras - especially high impact ones - last about a year before you'll start to notice they're wearing out (that's assuming it gets one good workout in per week/gets washed once per week.

I like Moving Comfort (I was a 38DD, now 36DD/38D depending on style). I have the Juno for longer runs and the Rebound Racer for shorter ones.

If you'd be interested, I'd be willing to send you the bras I've outgrown - they're all Moving Comfort Juno in 38DD. I have 3 and could send some or all if you want to try them out. I got maybe 2 months of wear out of them before they got too big so they'll be good for a long while and they're collecting dust here right now.

Send me a message if you want - and if you're not interested, that's ok! I know this sounds totally weird, lol.

~Lyssa
  • agreenid
    agreenid Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all your help, guys. Good advice and really really helpful.