45 lbs down!

Options
The biggest chunk of my weight loss milestone was reached today! I've divided up my weight into four parts now. 45lbs-31lbs-20lbs-Reassess.
I am a 5 ft 7.5 in. 36 (soon to be 37) year old female
SW-276
CW-230
GW-179 after reassesing, could be 150 give or take... Depends on the recomp. progress for me.

I count calories and am super lazy! have just made off and on efforts with exercise. I do do more now that my calories are getting too low to just keep calories down.
I use various methods to stay active. Not usually all at once I walk, ride my recumbent bike, get on my elliptical, embarrassingly use my shake wait while I watch tv, do twist board, bands, plate weight activities, my x-box kinect, body weight exercises, and child playing!

I started in a sz 20-22 and am now into 16's.
The first three months I lost 30 lbs. I had to slow down a bit, so the rest came off slowly after that. I started in Aug/Sept. last year, (if I remember correctly) I told myself I would post success stories at 45lbs lost as a little goal for motivation.
I am very big on self motivation. I reward myself every 5 lbs (started every 10lbs. but it wasn't good enough! lol) and when I hit hard/big goals I get a bigger reward. (all non-food related and mostly fitness related.) When I hit Onderland I will fly a plane and when I hit gw I will get laser hair removal. There are varying rewards 'till then. Like a portable stepper, folding treadmill, more weights, etc.

I know you hear "If I can do it so can you," A lot. I am sure it is true for most cases. Including this one. But it is true. I am lazy, lazy, lazy!
I found a stride that works for me. I looked at all the info. and fine tuned stuff along the way.
I keep and eye on myself and what's going on in my life. Logically and emotionally. It has helped me learn even more about myself, how I think and feel AND how to deal with things better. Yep, it's a journey and I've got a ways to go, but it is working for me so far! I encourage you all and am encourage by you all. We can do this! We ARE doing this!

Replies

• bindiw
    bindiw Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • rachmawatyyulia
    rachmawatyyulia Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    great!!! thankyou for inspiring.
    keep active! that's the key
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Inspiring story. We can do this. I'm not big on exercise either. I've lost 21lbs so far with 50 more to lose. So, I know I have to get some exercise in order to continue losing weight. I'm walking more and using Leslie Sandone walking videos. I am also using light weight(just started them).
    Thanks for sharing your story and continued good luck.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very nice on all counts :-)
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Forty-five pounds is something to be really proud of!
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Good on you for doing what is working for you :) Congrats on the loss
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Great progress!
  • jassyjan1
    jassyjan1 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Great job, keep it up!!!!
  • lballard67
    lballard67 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Woot!!! And I'm also big on the "if I can do it anyone can" because I had THE WORST HABITS all around, for 4 decades.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!