How many times do you eat every day?

Options

Replies

• j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I do intermittent fasting, typically 16:8. So I eat about twice a day.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    between 2 and 6 meals... depending on my mood i find if i dont feel deprived EVER then i tend to eat less overall
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Usually Breakfast, Lunch, Post Workout Shake (if I workout), maybe a little snack, maybe not, depends, Dinner, and then something after dinner ("dessert" but not necessarily something sweet)
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I generally just eat when I'm hungry, and stop when I'm no longer hungry. Some days, that's 4 meals. Some days, it's once or twice. Just kinda depends.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
  • alethea88
    alethea88 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    usually 2-3 times on small portion and 1-2 snacks (fruit, 1 biscuit, etc) so I will starve myself.:smile:
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I eat 5 to 6 times a day.
  • LeanneGoingThin
    LeanneGoingThin Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    3 large meals and 2 or 3 snacks. At least when I'm doing good. In the week that I fell off the wagon, I would eat snacks whenever I felt like it, so they would pile up to 6 or so.
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I eat small meals throughout the day.

Half 7 AM: Breakfast
    10AM: Snack
    1 PM: Lunch
    Half 3 PM: Snack
    Half 4 PM: Pre Gym Snack
    Half 7 PM: Dinner
  • extremespooner
    extremespooner Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I generally eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and dinner. Sometimes something after dinner depending how my day has gone. More small meals I have heard is better for you.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Once during the working week (which lasts all evening) and probably five meals (including snacks) a day at the weekend.

I prefer to run lean and a decent deficit during the week and reset the system at the end.

I used to get blood sugar swings too and wouldn't have been able to go all day without food, since I low carbed (which I don't do now) I don't find it's a problem at all.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Once a day....twice if I'm lucky to grab something. I'm ALWAYS on the go so having more than just dinner is hard. I'm ok though. Dinner, then dessert, then any snacks I want... and I mean ANY. I had a whole block of chocolate the other day..... actually 2 days in a row. Then PB sandwich, also 4 toasted cheese sandwiches, and the a really nice bar that had chocolate on it. Then I STILL had calories left over.

Just can't eat them all up.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I normally eat 4 times a day, but sometimes I have 5 meals. Somedays I have just 2 or 3. But, usually I have 4 meals. This keeps me from getting hungry but it's not so many meals in a day that the calorie count of each meal has to be tiny either.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I actually just wrote an article on my blog about sugar cravings, eating regularly etc. Give it a look and let me know in the comment section below the article if it helps at all. Here's the address: http://thinkwritenutrition.blogspot.com

I hope that you can get your blood sugar levels under control and I am sure you will with practice. Keep experimenting til you find what works for you!!

All the best,
    CJ

all your information is garbage
    lol @ keeping blood sugar under control
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    i don't count. just whenever i feel like it.
    sometimes i'll only eat an evening meal with the kids, other times i'll graze all day.
    i pander to my body and give it whatever it asks for. it likes red meat, avocado and beans today.
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I try to eat at 6:00 - 9:00 - 12:00- 3:00- 6:00 and 9:00. My largest meal is at 6:00. If I eat a little something, I don't feel deprived.
  • Cese27
    Cese27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I actually just wrote an article on my blog about sugar cravings, eating regularly etc. Give it a look and let me know in the comment section below the article if it helps at all. Here's the address: http://thinkwritenutrition.blogspot.com

I hope that you can get your blood sugar levels under control and I am sure you will with practice. Keep experimenting til you find what works for you!!

All the best,
    CJ

all your information is garbage
    lol @ keeping blood sugar under control
    Lol I thought that but wasn't going to say.did u leave him a comment ? Lol
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    3 times a day, and a postworkout shake
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Usually I eat very small meals every 2~3 hours to include breakfast lunch and dinner

I just split up my snacks accordingly.
  • emd2570
    emd2570 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    3 meals- + 2 - 3 snacks.