Constant Battle

AliJo90
AliJo90 Posts: 10 Member
Hi, my name is Alicia. I'm 24 and I live in Iowa. I've had this account for awhile, but never utilized it and actually forgot I made it till it said my email was already in use. Anyways..

I have been overweight for almost as long as I can remember. I remember feeling shy and being withdrawn because I felt overweight in 1st grade. I was active in high school playing sports, but I never lost the weight. So my more recent story..

A couple years back I made it within 20 pounds of my goal weight. Then life changed, I moved, went to college, and gained 15 pounds in the first year. I then got accepted and started school to get my LPN. Right before classes started I found out I was pregnant. I tried to keep the weight gain to a minimal which just didn't happen between the stress of classes and of course the fact that I was pregnant!

My son, the biggest joy of my life, is almost 8 months now. I went from 185 lbs to 230 lbs with him. Within a week after having him I was down to I think it was around 215. I had a ton of water weight on me, I felt like a marshmallow at the end. I'm 6 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight now, but I have another 35 to go after that.

My life hasn't calmed down much and I can't wait for it to. I'm about to start the RN program next month and I expect that my stress levels are going to sky rocket. I tend to eat when I'm stressed, emotional, bored, and of course because food can be oh so delicious. I'm also engaged with no set date yet, but I really want to be the best me when I say I do.

I need to do this for myself and my family. I'm ready to have energy again and to feel good. I've been overweight for a long time, but I've never felt this worn down before.

This has been a constant battle for me and it's time I win this war with myself. Would love to meet some comrades on this battlefield to fight along side me!

Replies

• gadgetive
    gadgetive Posts: 18 Member
    Hello! I'm going to add you. I actually used to do some work at the University of Iowa Hospital. Is that where you went too?
  • AliJo90
    AliJo90 Posts: 10 Member
    That's awesome! No, I'm getting my RN at a community college that has one of the best and toughest programs in Iowa. I'm thinking about UoI for BSN though, not sure yet!