I'm failing

Options
2»

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,160 Member
    Options
    cheezels83 wrote: »
    One thing I do if burgers are all that are around is ditch the bun. Saved 200 calories + right there. :-)

And skip the chips ... they are so high calorie.

• kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Shake it off and get back on the wagon. A lot of the bloat is probably fluid retention that will go away after several days of eating clean
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    You could also be retaining fluid from excess salt intake. Drink plenty of water, and give it a few days.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    So, you had a rough few days and you feel like a failure? Seems a bit dramatic.

You've only failed if you don't get right back on the horse and get back to the healthy eating habits you've developed over the past few weeks.

Weight loss (and the maintenance that follows) is a long journey. Don't let a few days define the whole trip.

PS: I hate to break it to you, but this will not be the last time that you're faced with a tough "food situation". Learn how to deal with those when they arise. If literally all of the food choices are calorie bombs, just eat small portions.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Agree with above you are getting things out of perspective. Log it, learn from it and move on its 5 days for goodness sake. Whats your option give up forever? Obviously you could have prepared yourself bette for the trip so have a better strategy next time plus you could always have portion controlled.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I was doing quite well, excersising lots, eating reasonably well and losing. I then had to go on a residential trip to the middle of nowhere with work for team building. There were no shops just a cafeteria that served the worst food imaginable. So I didn't really have a choice. I was there for 5 days and I FEEL awful and I feel like all the work I did over the past 4 weeks has been defeated. I look terrible, bloated- fat.....What should I do?

Watch your calories. Eat normally. Drink water. Get some exercise.
    Last week doesn't matter as much as what you do today.

For the future though, even at the cafeteria you have a choice on how much to eat even if you couldn't choose the food type.
  • DarinGettingHawtin2013
    DarinGettingHawtin2013 Posts: 324 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You're learning to be healthy for the rest of your life, and you'll run into this many more times (holidays, vacations, dinners on the fly). Just:

* accept what you ate,
    * forgive yourself (and don't beat yourself up),
    * look at your food diary and see what different decisions you could have made (smaller portions, maybe a different choice from what was available),
    * and move forward!

Then next time you have to eat in a similar situation, you think back to this time and say to yourself: okay, last time it was like this, I realized that I didn't *need* that bun or that mayo, and I should have skipped the fries and put double veggies on the burger.

You're not on a diet, you're learning how to take care of yourself, and that shouldn't ever stop. The only way this can be a failure is if you let it be one. Get right back to it.