To many shakes

Ok can you have to many gainer/protein shakes? I'm a super skinny guy very underweight I dislike cooking and don't eat much. Latley I've been getting most my calories carbs and protiens from a shake. I've been told this is bad but I don't see what the difference is if it has the same effect and nutrients as eating a meal. Any thoughts?

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Protein shakes are just that. Protein shakes are not going to provide you with the "balanced" nutrition that you need from "real food".

You can certainly supplement your diet with these shakes. But you do need real food and cannot rely on protein shakes to provide you with all your macros and micro nutrients..

I wish I had the calories in my day to add 2 or 3 These are yummy but I do not want these as meal replacements or my sole source for calories..

You can't live forever on protein shakes and need to find a way to eat food
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Try experimenting with foods. Different flavours, colours etc.... There has to be something that you like to eat!!! Start there and try variety.
  • tigerclaw3110
    tigerclaw3110 Posts: 4 Member
    I guess that's what I'm not getting. cause if the nutrition facts are correct a shake gives you more calories, carbs, proteins, vitamins, minerals ect… than most foods. I'm not crazy enough to try it but technically you should be able to live off these
  • obaker
    obaker Posts: 76 Member
    You could always try Soylent! It's creator says it meets all nutritional requirements for an average adult :)http://www.soylent.me/
  • tigerclaw3110
    tigerclaw3110 Posts: 4 Member
    I was just curious I know I have to fix my diet and can't depend on a shake to reach my goals but I just didn't understand why I was being told a lot of shakes are bad if it's the same if not better than eating chicken and rice. And thank you all for your input. Oh and just so you know it's worked I'm 5'6 30 male went from 108 to 112 in 4 weeks body fat of 5% no work out but when you're that small who cares if it's some fat