tips please

Options
Hi I'm 6ft tall and am aiming at losing 5 stone. Have tried weight watchers and am currently at slimming world but really need tips as how to get into a good routine to lose the weight. Thanks

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Log all your food in to here every day, as long as you eat less than it tells you you will lose the weight. Make it a habit to log everything! Good luck :)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    This is the best that I can do with not knowing a bit more about your situation.

I say use the MFP tool. Put 100% effort, dedication and commitment to this and ITS FREE.

1) Get a food scale, weigh and log everything.

2) Do cardio if you want, and if you do, only eat back 50% of your calories.

3) Lift weights if you can

4) Cheat meals over maintenance sabotages all your efforts.

5) If a cheat meal happens LOG IT.

6) You can lose weight eating the same things you do... IT IS SMALLER PORTIONS and MODERATION.
    Best to choose foods to help you stay under your calories without feeling hungry.

Find these stickies in the forms:
    Calorie Counting 101

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

• and

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide

Set small goals instead a huge goals that may discourage you or prevent you from progressing.

• Ruthkane30
    Ruthkane30 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank u so much. I really appreciate it x
  • MrPlate
    MrPlate Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My gig tip is about metabolism. You build a bigger engine/muscles to burn the calories with. 4 tips: strength train, move faster, drink lots of water, and don't skimp on your protein requirement. Your experience with weight watchers will help a lot with counting everything. Get friends to be accountable to. I am new and these things are working for me so far.
  • Danaw0123
    Danaw0123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    This is the best that I can do with not knowing a bit more about your situation.

I say use the MFP tool. Put 100% effort, dedication and commitment to this and ITS FREE.

1) Get a food scale, weigh and log everything.

2) Do cardio if you want, and if you do, only eat back 50% of your calories.

3) Lift weights if you can

4) Cheat meals over maintenance sabotages all your efforts.

5) If a cheat meal happens LOG IT.

6) You can lose weight eating the same things you do... IT IS SMALLER PORTIONS and MODERATION.
    Best to choose foods to help you stay under your calories without feeling hungry.

Find these stickies in the forms:
    Calorie Counting 101

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

• and

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide

Set small goals instead a huge goals that may discourage you or prevent you from progressing.

These are very helpful, thank you for sharing!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Keep it simple.
  • Ruthkane30
    Options
    Thanks everyone x
  • Katleskin
    Katleskin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Start small and build on solid foundations. Don't try to do everything at once, it can overwhelm and dishearten you. Stagger the lifestyle changes you want to introduce so you can concentrate at one thing at a time until you get the hang of it (be it exercise or drinking more water or whatever). Give yourself small, achievable goals, that will keep you motivated as you tick off the achievements. Accept that you will slip up/have 'bad' days - log it, learn from it and move on. Finally, never give up - you *will* get there!
  • Ruthkane30
    Options
    Thank u xx