What headphones do you use?

Strange question for a fitness board, I agree. But I need to buy new headphones (preferably with volume control) for running and looking around in the stores and online it seems that ear buds are pretty much the only thing listed under fitness or general use categories. Now, my ears are pretty small so I'm not much of a fan of ear buds anyway, but I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea of having no outside noise coming in while I'm out on the road. The whole "being aware of your surroundings" thing...

I've been using the kind of headphones that sit on top of your ears for years now, but sets with decent audio that aren't noise-canceling are becoming harder and harder to find. Does anybody else run into this? What do you use? I've been pouring through Amazon since none of my local stores carry them anymore, but the results I'm getting are strange brands and only cost $5-10, so I'm sure the sound is tinny. I guess what I'd like to have is some recommendations of sets to look up online.

Thanks!

Replies

• sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Running or the gym are not environments for a great audio experience, so I've never thought it made sense to pay for high quality exercise phones. Secure fit and durability are much more important to me. I like Yurbud's fit, but not durability. Right now I'm using some $30 Sony's with an ear loop from Walmart. Not as secure as the Yurbud's, but good enough.
  • SlimPossible8
    SlimPossible8 Posts: 71 Member
    Yurbuds work great. They will send you custom ear pieces that fit your ear if you send them a pic. Super easy. And they are not horribly expensive.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited May 2015
    I have a pair of Yurbuds Inspire 100, and they fit really well. The cord is just sort of long, imo. I have a cheap $10 pair of Sony earbuds that I use for working out primarily. The last pair I had lasted 1-2 years despite tons of sweat and regular use. Both my headphones let in plenty of sound, because I don't like to have my head in a noise bubble either especially when I'm running on the roads.
  • kpodaru
    kpodaru Posts: 133 Member
    i swear by jaybird wireless bluetooth headphones. they used to have the sportband (which i have) but have since moved to ear buds. they're sweat proof and guaranteed against sweat damage and i love them! i hate being all tangled up in the wires.
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    edited May 2015
    Kinivos bluetooth headphones are A++! I used their old 220s until I lost the charger and now use the 240s which use micro usb. They last ages, an hour of charging gives like 4-6 hours of use! Quality is amazing for the price, they are comfy and reliable, I haven't had a single problem with them!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kinivo-BTH240-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headphone/dp/B00AWIPITS/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A1YPEHRUFKDO42
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Apple EarPods... they fit my ear nice and don't fall out when I'm moving.
  • LexytheNerd
    LexytheNerd Posts: 44 Member
    When i work out I used the wireless powerbeats. They wrap around your ear so they say on quite well. Plus if I forget to charge them up one night I can charge it up for about 15 minutes and get 1 hour of use with them.
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    HMDX Jam Fusion (bluetooth)
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,498 Member
    LG/Maze Exclusive Bluetooth Neck Bank. Now that I've got bluetooth earbuds, I'd never go with anything else. With them I can pause, advance, and answer calls. I get about 8-10 hours per charge and they charge in about 90 minutes.

They're not perfect. They don't pack well, the buds don't stay in their magnetic holders very well, and there's a REALLY annoying blue flashing LED when their being used, but for $20, I'm very happy.

219658-1-lg.jpg
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    kpodaru wrote: »
    i swear by jaybird wireless bluetooth headphones.

This. A bit pricey, but they are light and have no wires running all over. Best, you can control your music from the in-line controller.

• racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    edited May 2015
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    LG/Maze Exclusive Bluetooth Neck Bank. Now that I've got bluetooth earbuds, I'd never go with anything else. With them I can pause, advance, and answer calls. I get about 8-10 hours per charge and they charge in about 90 minutes.

They're not perfect. They don't pack well, the buds don't stay in their magnetic holders very well, and there's a REALLY annoying blue flashing LED when their being used, but for $20, I'm very happy.

219658-1-lg.jpg

I have these and LOVE them. Except mine were way more than $20....where did you find yours?

Edited to add: OP, my ears are small and/or weirdly shaped and most earbuds fall out of my ears (apple ones are the worst) but these are really squishy and fit perfectly.

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,498 Member
    I have these and LOVE them. Except mine were way more than $20....where did you find yours?

Edited to add: OP, my ears are small and/or weirdly shaped and most earbuds fall out of my ears (apple ones are the worst) but these are really squishy and fit perfectly.

I was hesitant to post a link because I didn't know the board rules for posting links to items for sale.

I bought mine at nomorerack.com, but the place is now choxi.com. They have several versions available. The pair I bought are here. I just bought a second pair so I could keep one set in my car and one at home.

Mine are slightly different than the picture. I don't have any buttons on one side of the set, but I appear to have all the functions.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,153 Member
    edited May 2015
    7lenny7 wrote: »

219658-1-lg.jpg

I didn't read through all these responses, but saw this style and I'll have to investigate. I absolutely hate my ear buds, so much that I forego the music altogether some days. I like the over-the-head style, but I see this might be around the neck instead. Hmm. ....I'm marking this thread to read more later! thanks!
  • crescentgaia
    crescentgaia Posts: 71 Member
    Just bought a pair of iHome 2-in-1 sport ear buds. It's got a removable ear clip, which I love, as I have the problem of ear buds falling out. Also, they're insanely comfortable because they're cushy / gel-like. I got them at B&N on Saturday and can't really find them anywhere online.
  • kajaet
    kajaet Posts: 12 Member
    blueant Pump Wireless headphones

mfvimkxrb10g.jpg
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    I just bought a pair of Bose soundsports, have not received them yet, but they look pretty good overall.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    CrabNebula wrote: »

Yeah, those were the ones I bought exempt they make a sports model that are supposidly sweat resistant. I'm glad you like them, can't weight for mine to come in!
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    I'm a Yurbuds convert. They the only pair not to fall out of my small ears. I got mine at Marshalls so they were only 12 bucks.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Bose Soundsport in-ear iOS model.
  • btc1987
    btc1987 Posts: 94 Member
    I'll throw in another vote for Jaybird Wireless BT earbuds. Those things are amazing.
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Dollar store $1.00 earbuds. I tend to use one up every month, so it's a $12-$13 all year solution.
  • mls100771
    mls100771 Posts: 125 Member
    edited May 2015
    I use the Sonys with the ear loops as well, but I decided to go modular with my set up and got a Bluetooth receiver for in the event I wanted to go remote. Comes in handy when I am benching, deadlifting, or squatting, where I have been known to rip the cord right out of the connector. Link to what I got is below...

http://www.outdoortechnology.com/Shop/Adapt/

http://store.sony.com/sports-headphones-zid27-MDRAS200//cat-27-catid-All-Earbuds?vva_ColorCode=000000&_t=pfm=category