I should be sponsored by mfp lol!

Options
I swear sometimes i think I deserve a commission lol! Just kidding but i feel like i mention MFP to so many people everyday. I drop "my fitness pal" like 20times a day at least. And now that ive had some success (still lots to go), im getting asked more frequently what im doing. Ive explained what mfp is and how it works to many. Here's to hoping some of them fall in love with the process like i did. The more, the merrier.

Just my random thought at 9am... Thanks for listening :D

Replies

• JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Hope this came out alright. Didnt mean to sound full of myself! Just thought it was funny!
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I do the same. Got two otherwise very stubborn recruits.
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Lol me too, it's become my obsession. But it's a healthy obsession so hey
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I swear sometimes i think I deserve a commission lol! Just kidding but i feel like i mention MFP to so many people everyday. I drop "my fitness pal" like 20times a day at least. And now that ive had some success (still lots to go), im getting asked more frequently what im doing. Ive explained what mfp is and how it works to many. Here's to hoping some of them fall in love with the process like i did. The more, the merrier.

yeah me too but i dont want to be friends with them, so i dont tell them my user name ;) LOLOLOL

i mean, facebook for most people is good enough. :P
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    but i dont want to be friends with them, so i dont tell them my user name

Me neither. :D
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I've name dropped MFP once but I don't think I'd ever do it in front of family or friends. I really wouldn't want them seeing my posts. :s
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options

Oh gosh. here comes the girl that won't stop going on about myfitnesspal.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I've name dropped MFP once but I don't think I'd ever do it in front of family or friends. I really wouldn't want them seeing my posts. :s

^^gosh I'm the same, I rant away on here and would be mortified if my real friends saw my posts lol
  • JenniferInCt
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

Hahahaha TRUTH! You just made me lol! I swear i dont mention mfp or weight loss until someone asks. But even then, i just answer what im doing briefly. I know theyre not really listening to me so dont wanna waste my time.

Why is it that people ask like they really want to know, but then seem disappointed when i dont mention apple cider vinegar or some secret pill? :/

yeah me too but i dont want to be friends with them, so i dont tell them my user name ;) LOLOLOL

And oh hellll no way am i giving them my username or friending them. It took months to even friend my brother, and i still dont know that me or him want eachother seeing our stuff lol.

Probably should've thought of a more unique username lmao...

I dont think barely any of these people will really sign up here anyways. Most want to hear some secret diet pill or something. They don't believe i lost most of my wt from just calorie counting. And if they ever ask, id just say i want mine to be private from people i know.

And since ive started here, i barely use facebook. Replaced one addiction for another :D

But i did convert one person- my mommy ; ). And we share everything anyways.

• JenniferInCt
    Options

^^gosh I'm the same, I rant away on here and would be mortified if my real friends saw my posts lol

For me, ive spent the last decade trying to hide my "fat" self. So editing pictures and only showing Facebook ones i want people to see, and avoiding people so they wouldn't know how big id gotten.

Only problem is now i want the world to know ive lost 40lbs and would like to post before/after pics but still dont want people to know. So besides bf and close family, my mfp's are the only ones who see the "real" me in a way.

• callsitlikeiseeit
    Options

Hahahaha TRUTH! You just made me lol! I swear i dont mention mfp or weight loss until someone asks. But even then, i just answer what im doing briefly. I know theyre not really listening to me so dont wanna waste my time.

Why is it that people ask like they really want to know, but then seem disappointed when i dont mention apple cider vinegar or some secret pill? :/

Most want to hear some secret diet pill or something. They don't believe i lost most of my wt from just calorie counting.
    And since ive started here, i barely use facebook. Replaced one addiction for another :D

maybe i should stop posting my pic? someone might find me :/ LOLOL

i agree with the magic pill thing. people want quick solutions, not to have to work for it. I do have a friend who got a fitbit and has been walking. I ran into her in the store (we usually only see eachother during basketball season for our kids) and she looks like she has lost some weight. not sure if shes doing anything else or not.

i do love me some facebook. obviously here i post more food/weight stuff than on there, but i post lots of personal/life things here too (as you know) LOLOL if i could post pics on our feed, i might be in trouble ;) LOL
  • JenniferInCt
    Options

Most want to hear some secret diet pill or something. They don't believe i lost most of my wt from just calorie counting.

i agree with the magic pill thing. people want quick solutions, not to have to work for it. I do have a friend who got a fitbit and has been walking. I ran into her in the store (we usually only see eachother during basketball season for our kids) and she looks like she has lost some weight. not sure if shes doing anything else or not.

i do love me some facebook. obviously here i post more food/weight stuff than on there, but i post lots of personal/life things here too (as you know) LOLOL if i could post pics on our feed, i might be in trouble ;) LOL

I used to go on fb everyday a few times a day. Starting here and getting more active, i didnt go on even once for a month & a half. It kinda depresses me sometimes, to be honest. But just last week, I started going on again and posted a pic of me and received so many compliments. It was great for me to have others see me looking healthier and happier. But i dont like to talk weight loss there at all! Lol i know i post personal things here to. Thats what its for and one reason it works! Anonymity and support.

I do wish i could post pics to my friends list too though. Seems kinda silly we cant
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    wheres the like button. we need one of those, here too LOL
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I do the same. I've told several friends who have told friends. Lots of networking for MFP. I guess their way of thanking us is making us pay for a premium service, lol. Oh well.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

I've been using MFP for almost two years now, and I am sometimes surprised that so many people swear by the tools, especially the trainers at the gym I go to. It doesn't matter if you are counting calories or not, MFP is also excellent for tracking sugar, carbs, or some other macro and/or nutrient a person is interested in.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

@callsitlikeiseeit, I recognize you.

You're the lady in your profile picture. :D
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I might mention it on occasion myself :wink: