Health Innovations You'd Like to See

Options
This may not be very innovative, but I would enjoy watching streaming videos or DVDs, from a first person perspective, of someone walking down the beach, on wooded trails, or through other interesting places. These types of videos would make using the treadmill or elliptical more enjoyable when you cannot get outside.

What health innovations would you like to see?

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    This may not be very innovative, but I would enjoy watching streaming videos or DVDs, from a first person perspective, of someone walking down the beach, on wooded trails, or through other interesting places. These types of videos would make using the treadmill or elliptical more enjoyable when you cannot get outside.

That would be awesome.... VR exercise.

I just want a functioning accurate activity tracker.
  • HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

That would on my top ten list as well.

• cosmobella
    cosmobella Posts: 54 Member
    Options

That...would actually be awesome. It would make working out more of that " experience " you feel like you're lacking when you workout indoors.
    randomtai wrote: »

That would be awesome.... VR exercise.

Same here. My fitbit is insane and I don't trust it at all lol.

• dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

When I had my Wii, I would put the remote in my pocket and use the Wiifit running in place program while I ran on the treadmill. It worked pretty good, but didn't change anything on your running speed on the game if you adjusted the speed on the treadmill.

When I had my Sega Genesis, I would play Road Rash as I walked on the treadmill. I would have loved to see a set up with motion control for a game like that on an exercise bike.
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

This stuff already exists.

www.ifit.com

unfortunately you need their special gym equipment. It's great though, you get to walk/run/bike wherever you want using google maps. It's really quite cool.
  • doktorglass
    doktorglass Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You mean like Immersive Fitness?
  • HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    This stuff already exists.

www.ifit.com

unfortunately you need their special gym equipment. It's great though, you get to walk/run/bike wherever you want using google maps. It's really quite cool.
    I couldn't sample the ifit videos, but I would image having accessing to free roaming Google maps would be great.
    You mean like Immersive Fitness?
    Perhaps something along these lines, but more realistic.

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I went to a really old school gym when out of town. No a/c, none of the towels, wipes, etc for equipment people could make noise if they wanted to, etc. Just people doing work. Wish there was one like that around me.