When adding my food in my food diary I change thing up daily I am having a hard time finding options

So I make smoothies and depending on the amount of ingredients I have on had I may alter them and I use Watermelon maybe one day it will be 1 cup and the next may be half cup and some days it may be only a quarter cup also the same with yogurt so I am looking to find out how I can alter the portion amount and keep my information exact as this is obviously what has been hindering my weigh loss success. Thanks I look forward to answers soon. By the way I am happy a library friend has pointed me to myfitnesspal I am really looking forward to losing some weigh and so determined. I have been keeping a log for over a month and looking forward to my fitnesspal showing me where I need to work on my food intake to reach my goals I am more determined that ever!

Replies

• katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    I just change the measurements daily, ie sometimes 1 egg, sometimes 2. Its just part of the program and I actually enjoy it. If you are crunched for time just enter it into your diary the night before then you can just follow your measurements the next morning.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    I change my measurements daily too. When you do this, it won't affect your previous day's entries at all.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    Go to a day where you entered a smoothie or enter a new one, click on the Quick Tools under that entry. Click on "remember meal". If you save it then you can quickly add it to the diary by going to the meals tab after you click add food. Then you can click on the watermelon or yogurt and alter the amounts that went in to that day's smoothie.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Saving or just copying your meal over (having entered it by ingredient) makes it easy to change. I do almost the same thing as you do with my smoothies. My smoothies change by just a little bit daily depending on what and how much I have.
  • blue_eyes1978
    blue_eyes1978 Posts: 127 Member
    Thanks to all who replied I am still not understanding... lol I am not always the brightest bulb in the box :smiley: ) So That being said the fobcpcxn7ilk.png
    The options don't show half cup or quarter cup portions they offer 1.0 serving one cup and I am needing to change my input to 1/2 cup and 1/4 cups not sure if by some of the replies if I should just count the calories and then add the meal I" am just liking the break down of sugar and protein for all my numbers I enter I know there is probably a way I am just not understanding it. I like variety in my smoothie or I would just add 1 cup of my fruits and go from there. I also decrease the yogurt also. Thanks!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Change the quantity to .5 or .25
  • blue_eyes1978
    Thanks for the suggestion I am not seeing those options these are what I see for Greek yogurt
    1 container
    1 cup (227g)
    1TBSP (s)
    1oz(s)
    1 tsp(s)

I guess I could figure out how many TBSP are in a 1/4 cup or a half cup just thought there would be an easier way :)
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Thanks for the suggestion I am not seeing those options these are what I see for Greek yogurt
    1 container
    1 cup (227g)
    1TBSP (s)
    1oz(s)
    1 tsp(s)

I guess I could figure out how many TBSP are in a 1/4 cup or a half cup just thought there would be an easier way :)

There's not an easier way. Although, if you are using 1/4 or 1/2 C, it's probably easier to choose the C option and put .25 or .5 than to do T. FTR, there are 16 T in 1 C, 8 in 1/2 C and 4 in 1/4 C.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    edited May 2015
    1 container
    1 cup (227g)
    1TBSP (s)
    1oz(s)
    1 tsp(s)

I have this chart printed out and taped inside my kitchen cabinet - http://lifehacker.com/5975933/convert-measurements-in-the-kitchen-with-this-handy-infographic

Although for solids to be accurate a food scale is your best option.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    edited May 2015
    Thanks to all who replied I am still not understanding... lol I am not always the brightest bulb in the box :smiley: ) So That being said the fobcpcxn7ilk.png
    The options don't show half cup or quarter cup portions they offer 1.0 serving one cup and I am needing to change my input to 1/2 cup and 1/4 cups not sure if by some of the replies if I should just count the calories and then add the meal I" am just liking the break down of sugar and protein for all my numbers I enter I know there is probably a way I am just not understanding it. I like variety in my smoothie or I would just add 1 cup of my fruits and go from there. I also decrease the yogurt also. Thanks!
    Click in the first text box that shows the [ Qty: 1 ] and change that number to the decimal equivalent of a fraction.

For a quantity of 1/2 cup, change the [ Qty: 1 ] to [ Qty: 0.5 ] of [ 1 cup, halves ].

For a quantity of 1/4 cup, change the [ Qty: 1 ] to [ Qty: 0.25 ] of [ 1 cup, halves ].
  • blue_eyes1978
    Lots of great answers I think I now got it thanks so much for everyone who took time out of their day to help me I really appreciate it! I am so determined and look forward to entering my choices each day. I am sure fitness pal will show me where I need to change my food habits to make my weight loss successful. Years past I worked a very physical job and now a sahm I have let my self go and it's taking all I've got to figure out how to get the old me back. I wish losing weight was as easy as cleaning house.