It's gotta be now...because Monday never comes.

Options
Kitcandoo
Kitcandoo Posts: 93 Member
If I had a dime for everytime I said I was going to start my diet on Monday....I'd have a whole helluva lot of dimes. But I'd still not be at my goal. So, I'm just going to say, forget Monday. It's Saturday afternoon and I'm just going to start my healthy eating lifestyle right now because I'm tired of putting off the good life. That, in a nutshell, is where I'm at.

You?

Replies

• CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I've used that same excuse my whole life, it's always "tomorrow." which, of course, never comes...
    good luck!
  • K_saine
    K_saine Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I kept telling myself I was going to cut back on soda and start eating healthier... I just never made any effort until a week ago. Good Luck with your journey!!
  • Kitcandoo
    Options
    CM_73 wrote: »
    I've used that same excuse my whole life, it's always "tomorrow." which, of course, never comes...
    good luck!

Oh, yes! The "tomorrow" excuse. Which only means we give ourselves permission to pig out the whole day because we are going to deprive ourselves the next....which never comes.....lol! I hope we both don't fall for that one anymore :)
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    It does feel great to start. I've been on my journey a little over a month and I wish I would have started sooner.
  • Kitcandoo
    Options
    K_saine wrote: »
    I kept telling myself I was going to cut back on soda and start eating healthier... I just never made any effort until a week ago. Good Luck with your journey!!

I did the exact same thing with gluten, sugar and alcohol....two out of three, I'd be happy with. Lol. Thank you. I need to figure out how to add people as my friends because I'd like to add some...you as well, I'm just not sure how yet. Gah!
  • gonnasnap
    gonnasnap Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    In your intro you changed to word diet to healthy eating lifestyle. That alone is half the battle. Diets are temporary but being/getting healthy is long term. It's all about setting goals and setting them in proper order. I eat healthy/clean for the most part and I don't beat myself up if I go over on my calories or eat a triple bacon cheeseburger. Feel free to add me.
  • wcope0412
    wcope0412 Posts: 97 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I did the same thing for a long time!! And just like you and many others tomorrow never came until I looked in the mirror and was disgusted with the way I looked!! I then decided it was time for a change. A healthier change!!
    Good luck to you
    Feel free to add me
  • Cowboyzfan82288
    Cowboyzfan82288 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've used that same excuse for two years now. Struggling to get back on track. Best wishes on your journey.
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Kitcandoo wrote: »
    CM_73 wrote: »
    good luck!

Oh, yes! The "tomorrow" excuse. Which only means we give ourselves permission to pig out the whole day because we are going to deprive ourselves the next....which never comes.....lol! I hope we both don't fall for that one anymore :)

Or my other favourite, "I had a bad day yesterday so might as well give up completely!"
    No more though, the blips will average out as long as I keep logging and stay on track.
    I did the exact same thing with gluten, sugar and alcohol....two out of three, I'd be happy with. Lol. Thank you. I need to figure out how to add people as my friends because I'd like to add some...you as well, I'm just not sure how yet. Gah!

To add friends, click on someone's profile picture and the option appears to "add as friend" :smile: