Coconut Milk

Options
So I bought some coconut milk today. And I'm now wondering if anyone has tried it with cereal or porridge or anything?

Replies

• MonicaH0322
    MonicaH0322 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've only ever used coconut milk for sauces while doing curries and things of the sort. I feel it may be a little thick/rich for cereal
  • MochiCupcake
    MochiCupcake Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have cartoned Alpro/Koko coconut milk with my morning porridge. the cartoned milk is a lot more liquid-y than the tinned milk for making curries etc. though, I'm not sure that would work as well!
  • rbentrup81
    rbentrup81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It's pretty good with cereal, it adds an extra flavor to my Cornflakes so no need to add anything to sweeten it up. I also use Almond milk.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I like it with chilled black tea.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I use it on my cereal and it's pretty good. I wouldn't drink the remainder from the bowl, though, like some people do with dairy.
  • BethWilliams24
    BethWilliams24 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • maineapple
    maineapple Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It is awesome. I like it on cereal very much. I did not have success using it to make instant pudding though, it just never set up. I love the coconut almond milk.
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I like to use it in smoothies. I make my own and it's a bit thin compared to canned and separates.
  • pooliepuglas
    pooliepuglas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Coconut milk is gorgeous with pineapple and mango, sesame seeds with a squeeze of lime for breakfast yum.
  • kpodaru
    kpodaru Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i add a little to my chia seed pudding and whenever i make butternut squash. i've also baked chicken with it. yum!