Are there stored recipes in MFP I can just make and then add to diary? Can't seem to find.

Options
LisaMighton
LisaMighton Posts: 51 Member
I'm a bit confused by recipes in MFP. I want to make a millet taboulleh. To avoid having to enter an entire recipe myself of how I usually make it, I'm willing to follow an existing recipe. When I enter 'taboulleh' in MFP, one of the options is 'recipe - taboulleh' which to me suggested that it exists in the system somewhere, and if I make that recipe I can just add however many cups/whatever of it I eat.
But I can't seem to find anywhere that recipes exist in such a way that you can just click and add a serving of it to your food diary. I thought it would be under the 'Recipes' tab, but when I click on that it's just a place to add my own recipes (or URL for same).
Am I missing something?

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    No. You don't know, and have no way of knowing what is in that recipe, how many it serves, what a serving is, etc.... Fortunately, the recipe builder is super easy to use, and if you want to be accurate, that's your best bet.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    MFP doesn't have recipes you can look up and use. That entry in the database is a recipe entry someone saved. You will not be able to view their ingredient list or directions.
    You should enter your own recipe with the recipe builder. Once you enter and save your own recipe then you can go to the recipe tab whenever you have that dish and log it.
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Awhile back I was on the Cooking Light website -- I think that's the one....and at the top of the recipe pages were the buttons to click to save, share, etc. But there was a new button, too: a "log to MyFitnessPal" button. Very cool.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    On the Web version, navigate to BLOG > Eat > Recipes. Many of the recipes on the MFP Hello Healthy Blog site include a LogIt button.

3d8zgdf2n8cs.jpg
  • LisaMighton
    Options
    Awhile back I was on the Cooking Light website -- I think that's the one....and at the top of the recipe pages were the buttons to click to save, share, etc. But there was a new button, too: a "log to MyFitnessPal" button. Very cool.

That's great to know thanks
  • LisaMighton
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »
    On the Web version, navigate to BLOG > Eat > Recipes. Many of the recipes on the MFP Hello Healthy Blog site include a LogIt button.

3d8zgdf2n8cs.jpg

Thanks! I will check this out
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    When you enter a recipe, it asks you if you want to share it to the upcoming recipe database, so at one stage they intended for people to be able to access them, but I joined in 2012 and it was saying that then, so I'm not holding my breath!