Breaking through the plateau (weight loss)

Guys,
I am trying to loose 60 pounds and so far I've lost 20. I hit a plateau and sitting there for 10 days now. I am eating healthy and exercise 4-5 times a week. My calorie intake and spending is what MyFitnessPal recommends. This is very depressing and I want to break through that plateau, but nothing seems work (I tried to eat less calories and exercise less, and backwards - eat more calories and compensate them with an exercise). I know it is very common situation - please advise how to proceed.

Thanks!
Alex

Replies

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    You're not in a plateau. You're in a stall. Plateau is 4-6 weeks of 0 change in weight or measurements.

Is your logging accurate (using a food scale & weighing in grams for solids)? If so, keep on going - eventually you'll see the drop.

~Lyssa
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member

First of all patience
    10 days is not a plateau

Second do you weigh ALL your solid food on a food scale?

When not then maybe you eat more than you think.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

but 10 days is also really short to say
    And open you diary so people can help you out. :)
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Stop weighing so often. Ten days isn't long enough to decide you've stopped losing weight.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    You're not at a plateau. Give it 4-6 weeks before freaking out.

Just keep on truckin'.
  • mwebster01
    mwebster01 Posts: 111 Member
    if u just keep doing what u r doing the weight will start to come off again...
    remember not to add salt to your food bc it makes u retain water.
    do MORE of what you're used to.instead of 10 pushups,do twenty.
  • estherdfoster
    estherdfoster Posts: 127 Member
    when the scale doesn't move, measure only inches..
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    As said above, 10 days is not a plateau. If there's still no movement after a month, then it's time to tweak things (which generally means looking through your diary to see what you can clean up... @TheOwlhouseDesigns' video she posted will help you out).
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    10 days is a stall. Keep doing what you're doing, be positive on your intake and it will come.
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    I've been on a plateau. Or a stall. Or whatever people want to call it. For about 3 weeks.

I've been cycling a lot. Today in the shower I realized my ankles were a lot smaller than they used to be. So my body is certainly changing for the better, even though the scale isn't moving much right now.