Weight watchers

Options
Hi , I have been a weight watcher member for sometime now and I have decided to swap to MFP and give it a go . So far i have lost 25kilos with ww and want to lose 10 to 15 more . Is there any other x weight watchers out there would like to get your opinions on this program.
cheers

Replies

• bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm a lifetime member @ WW (6 years)
    If it's working for you, why the change?
  • passioncooking
    passioncooking Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes I think you are right
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I did WW online back in 2010 and was very successful. Now I use MFP because it's very similar but free!

I like both programs a lot. I just need to keep myself vigilant so I don't gain any weight back.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I used to do WW. It was working but I changed to MFP after finding out that their tracker and database is a lot better, not just because it's free either. Nothing was more frustrating than trying to scan items into WW only to have them not show up. I also like that I get a lot more information from the food log. WW just gives points values but I like being able to track my macros.
  • EveOz
    EveOz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree with jkal1979. I did great on WW before the points system and back when they first added the points system. Because I could calculate the points myself. But with the PointsPlus system you can't figure out the points in your head. Also with the PP system, you don't have a clear sense of the calories you're eating or whether your diet is balanced. Also the MFP database is V-A-S-T...with many more brand names. Finally, MFP Is FREE!
  • Dagoob
    Dagoob Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm a life time member of WW that let the weight creep back on. I've just started to really get focused in MFP but I can tell you that things I've learned at WW definitely carry over....
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I love the free factor and macro tracking. When I did ww I lost weight but I didn't feel gre at because I focused more on low points food and definitely didn't eat enough fat protein and iron.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I was a WW member for a decade and a half. Finally quit when they screwed with the points plan so much that you had to rort the program to lose any weight. I prefer MFP, very similar idea, but it's free. I was on it so long I knew the programs backwards, so paying for it ongoing didn't make any sense.
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    How do you all use the weekly points concept in MFP?
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I've done both. I love how simple MFP is. I think MFP allows you to be more balanced with your macros. WW penalizes fat content sooooo much. It still clings to that low-fat diet era thinking.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'm a lifetime WW member from way back, but I always went to meetings for the accountability and didn't really track online. I tend to eat differently than they espouse now since I've found I do well with lots of fat.

I don't even see why you couldn't track calories and nutrients on MFP, but go to WW for support. The two programs seem quite compatible.
  • Jd_jaquez
    Jd_jaquez Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I did WW back in 2010 after giving birth to my son. I would count calories and track it here on MFP but would use a lot of the WW meals that are sold in the frozen isle. I loss a good 63 lbs doing it this way along with a good exercise plan. Now I'm 9 days postpartum and looking to do the same.
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I quit weight watchers because I thought paying 20 per month to have the scanner never work and have a minimal data base unacceptable when mfp is free! Ww did work for me though. Just got fed up with the app
  • FullofGrace54
    FullofGrace54 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have done weight watchers and MFP in the past. MFP just didn't work for me, I cheated too much, so I got discouraged and quit. Later I did weight watchers and I did really great and lost weight, but could not afford it any longer. :( So I may try doing Weight Watchers and use MFP for support. It's free! :)
  • BeTheChange352
    BeTheChange352 Posts: 253 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I did WW years ago as a teenager and later switched to MFP, but have had the same amount of success. WW was just such a huge waste of money IMO, it was a lot harder to calculate points on the go, and there was just too much emphasis on losing weight every week.