Butternut Squash

Options
2»

Replies

• Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    A few weeks back I made roasted butternut squash with butter and maple glaze with chopped pecans. Delicious.

Dreams of this kind of butternut squash inside my head. Roasting!!!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I cube and roast it, then use the leftovers to make hash the next day. So good!
  • MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I halve it and scoop out the seeds. Then I fry some onion with some mushrooms and mix that with some cooked couscous or rice or even minced meat. I tend to season with chili flakes and coriander and cumin. Then I put the filling into the little cavity and roast the halves until the squash is cooked through.

It's nice with salsa or a sour cream dip.
  • bunnywestley81
    bunnywestley81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Soup here also

Tis a staple in my regular "Ropey looking veg soup" which is basically anything that needs using. Even the stalks from broccoli and cauli and middles of celery etc...

Shove in whatever veg chopped...tin of tomatoes, onion, garlic, whatever seasoning you like (I've done herbs, curry powders/pastes, salt, pepper, Lea n Perrins...) and stock cubes of your choice, then depending on size I usually end up with about 1 - 1.5lt water. Boil til squishy, blend (I've a hand blender) adjust seasonings, eat! Usually get around 8 portions at 100 - 150 cals.
  • Lexieberry
    Lexieberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Lexieberry wrote: »
    Also, just in case you didn't know: Butternut squash >> Spaghetti squash.

Interested in actually prepping it now! Thanks

I find it amusing that I saw some suggestions in this thread that sounded awesome........and you went with spaghetti squash.

I'm interested in prepping the butternut squash Lmao geeze