not able to gain weight

Options
hey guys.. i am quite thin.. any tips for adding weight quickly.. really need help

Replies

• orchidee1987
    orchidee1987 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Eat more ? Seriously, how much do you currently eat ? I suggest you log all your food for a few days to have an idea and add calorie dense foods on top
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Everyone can gain weight, you just need to eat a caloric surplus.

There is a possibility that you have a medical issue that raises your metabolism... But otherwise, just eat more!
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    play world of warcraft :)
  • scottf4413
    scottf4413 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Eat more ? Seriously, how much do you currently eat ? I suggest you log all your food for a few days to have an idea and add calorie dense foods on top

Exactly what Orchid said. Log everything in the MFP app so that you've got an idea of what you need to maintain and what you'll need to do to gain. On a side note; Peanut butter is your friend. Add it to everything that you can. Good extra calories.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You weight tracker says you lost 2 pounds.. Did you do that here on MFP? Are you setup to lose, maintain or gain weight in MFP?

Please disclose a little more information regarding your situation.. is this possibly eating disorder related? I am just asking because there is nothing to support this in your post either way.. or what the goals are and if this is medically linked together (such as a ED, medical condition, etc..)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    find your maintenance calories (like actually do it in real life- this process takes 3-4 weeks)

then add 250 calories to your food intake.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    find your maintenance calories (like actually do it in real life- this process takes 3-4 weeks)

this ..

and lift heavy so you get muscle gains….
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »

this ..

and lift heavy so you get muscle gains….

And if that doesn't work. Get to a doctor and show them what you've been doing. Inability to gain weight can be a sign of serious illness. (Cancer, thyroid and autoimmune disease come to mind, but there are others.)